Tis a sad day indeed!

I just received a call from Kelly Crawford's daughter, Katherine. Many of you may remember Kelly by his screen name in this group: "The Old Sarge". ( His other moniker and Email address was "Xswords") Sadly, Kelly passed away this past Monday at the age of 62.

Kelly was one of a kind. Although we never met in real time, we had an internet friendship that began on this group back about 1996. Although he has been described as being crusty and confrontational - that was just a persona he enjoyed using - the real guy was one heckuvva modeler, intellectual, and above all a complete and thorough Irishman!

(BTW - Kelly passed away peacefully on St Patrick's day.........)

For years we looked forward to our Sunday morning long distance chat. Then Kelly sort of disappeared for a couple of years til we finally got back in touch just a couple months ago. I wish I had called this past weekend.....but isn't that the way things happen?

Anyway, since Kelly was a self professed "Irish Buddhist", I'm sure that I will cross paths with him again. Perhaps at the corner hobbyshop or at a show somewhere in the hereafter?

Have a smooth flight, pardner. You will be missed!!

Rick Fluke Montana

Reply to
unamodeler

Sounds like a man who shall, indeed, be ensconced in Heaven long before the devil knows he's gone.TomOn Mar 19, 11:59=A0am, unamodeler wrote:> I just received a call from Kelly Crawford's daughter, Katherine.> Many of you may remember Kelly by his screen name in this group: =A0"The> Old Sarge". ( His other moniker and Email address was "Xswords")> Sadly, Kelly passed away this past Monday at the age of 62.> > Kelly was one of a kind. =A0Although we never met in real time, we had> an internet friendship that began on this group back about 1996.> Although he has been described as being crusty and confrontational -> that was just a persona he enjoyed using

- the real guy was one> heckuvva modeler, intellectual, and above all a complete and thorough> Irishman!> > (BTW - Kelly passed away peacefully on St Patrick's day.........)> > For years we looked forward to our Sunday morning long distance> chat. =A0 Then Kelly sort of disappeared for a couple of years til we> finally got back in touch just a couple months ago. =A0I wish I had> called this past weekend.....but isn't that the way things happen?> > Anyway, since Kelly was a self professed "Irish Buddhist", I'm sure> that I will cross paths with him again. =A0Perhaps at the corner> hobbyshop or at a show somewhere in the hereafter?> > Have a smooth flight, pardner. =A0You will be missed!!> > Rick Fluke> Montana

Reply to
maiesm72

For those who don't know, Kelley wrote two books - one, based on his experiences in Vietnam (Fat Kids War) and one on his experiences as a live in Grandad (First you make a Roux)

Anyone interested can get them here:

Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming