Daughter knows best

This afternoon I got bored and launched my quest Sprint on a C6-5. When it punched through the clouds I thought hmmm uh oh...trying to remain positive I looked at my 2yr old daughter and said "wow where is it?". She responded (while waving to the sky) "bye bye rocket"! She was right. Even with streamer recovery none of the 5 observers ever saw it come back through the clouds. It must be in orbit :( I'll do a search early in the moring to see if it lawn darted.

Heh Tom

Reply to
Duck Fizz Bang

Most likely it landed a few blocks away. You may want to consider putting your name & phone number on the next high flyer, maybe it will be returned.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I did :)

Tom

Reply to
Vic20Owner

your daughter is wise beyond her years. I always wave and say "bye bye rocket" when I hit the launch button, but I'm old.

Reply to
NaCl

"You don't get old by bein' no fool!"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe your daughter and my son will meet someday, having found the perfect match. When my son was 3, he carefully explained the basic aerodynamics of rockets to me, and why fins were necessary. I initially suspected that his much-older sister had slipped the information to him in order to play games with daddy's mind. Nope. At 3.5, he explained convective cooling to me, after observing the behaviour of his soup, with respect to the cool top layer, and what he already knew about the behaviour of hot air.

If I was as smart as my kids, 'ol Microsoft Bill would have to watch his back :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech