before the big rocket flies, why it is sitting on the large area "fire stove" ?

before the big rocket flies, why it is sitting on the large area "fire stove" ?

easyarm wrote:

What?!!?

Because banana backwards dingo lure fresh eliminating sweaty fruit.
Cheesy lard glands loosely flocculate over frangible nuts.
If not else big rocket fall down go "boom", astronaut go owy owy!
The fat man whistles on the train at night.

All your base are belong to us.

Not anymore they caught him.
Randy

Define "they".
I think you are mistaken.

Yada dee, yada dah.....Oh! A wise guy....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
John
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:33:06 -0600, "John Stein"

Well... how *else* do you respond to such a vague and confusing question. The original poster asked one like that before, so I doubt he's going to learn from his mistakes... :-(

"fire
Sorry, caught up in the jocularity of the previous posts. And did you see his return address? Makes you wonder.
John
John Stein wrote: << And did you see his return address? Makes you wonder. >>
Well, he's obviously not a native speaker of English. His questions seem innocent enough so far, though that last one is somewhat difficult to decipher.

decipher.
I was hoping to see what country of origin the message came from. No luck.
John

Finally, a post that I can agree with 100% T'was Brillig! ;-)
and the slithy toves
Brillig never leaves the house without his slithy toves
- iz
Mark Simpson wrote:

I never leave home without my vorpal blade. ;-)
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Mark Simpson hath so eloquently decared:

My Vorpal Blade is 4" diameter, 75" tall, red and gold, and got me Level 2 NAR HPR cert a couple of years ago. :-)
RoktRabt
--
..
the elven

Well, lahdy-frickin'-dah!
I, on the other hand, prefer the statement:

If that's not scientific jargon, I don't know what is!
Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Want the truth? Well easyarm, it's like this...
We love these big rockets... these big rockets are our babies... our children... just ask any Rocketeer.
And even though we love them, we end up sending them to the launch pad to possibly be destroyed, mutilated, or fried in a big ball of hibachi like flame...
The "fire stove" reference came about in the very early days of rocketry... well before the time of Christ. It had to do with Molech (also variously known as Moloch, Milcom, Malcam) the name given to the national pagan god of the Ammonites (who obviously has something to do with AP or AN).
Worship of Molech included people burning their own children to death in fire, often by placing them in the arms of a hollow metal idol of Molech that had been heated very hot with a fire burning inside (just like a rocket). http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/20020922.htm
This reference, and how it is applicable to Rocketry, should now be quite obvious.
Glad I could help.

do you mean the large black "blast deflectors"?
look like the top of a pot belly stove ?
if so, it is to deflect the rocket flame away from the ground so the ground does not catch fire.
IF you mean the large NASA rockets, pretty much the same thing.