before the big rocket flies, why it is sitting on the large area "fire stove" ?

before the big rocket flies, why it is sitting on the large area "fire stove" ?

Reply to
easyarm

What?!!?

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Because banana backwards dingo lure fresh eliminating sweaty fruit.

Cheesy lard glands loosely flocculate over frangible nuts.

If not else big rocket fall down go "boom", astronaut go owy owy!

Reply to
BB

Reply to
Bruce Canino

I, on the other hand, prefer the statement:

If that's not scientific jargon, I don't know what is!

Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Reply to
NeoF14

Reply to
Doc

Yada dee, yada dah.....Oh! A wise guy....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Well... how *else* do you respond to such a vague and confusing question. The original poster asked one like that before, so I doubt he's going to learn from his mistakes... :-(

Reply to
Len Lekx

Sorry, caught up in the jocularity of the previous posts. And did you see his return address? Makes you wonder.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Well, he's obviously not a native speaker of English. His questions seem innocent enough so far, though that last one is somewhat difficult to decipher.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not anymore they caught him.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I was hoping to see what country of origin the message came from. No luck.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Want the truth? Well easyarm, it's like this...

We love these big rockets... these big rockets are our babies... our children... just ask any Rocketeer.

And even though we love them, we end up sending them to the launch pad to possibly be destroyed, mutilated, or fried in a big ball of hibachi like flame...

The "fire stove" reference came about in the very early days of rocketry... well before the time of Christ. It had to do with Molech (also variously known as Moloch, Milcom, Malcam) the name given to the national pagan god of the Ammonites (who obviously has something to do with AP or AN).

Worship of Molech included people burning their own children to death in fire, often by placing them in the arms of a hollow metal idol of Molech that had been heated very hot with a fire burning inside (just like a rocket).

This reference, and how it is applicable to Rocketry, should now be quite obvious.

Glad I could help.

Reply to
Mark

do you mean the large black "blast deflectors"?

look like the top of a pot belly stove ?

if so, it is to deflect the rocket flame away from the ground so the ground does not catch fire.

IF you mean the large NASA rockets, pretty much the same thing.

Reply to
almax

you are getting close but

I have seem this "gas stove" which is undersneath the "big rocket" from the VCD. If I found the vcd I may post it up. It may serve to warm up the whole rocket.

9/10 people does not observes closely.
Reply to
easyarm

Define "they".

I think you are mistaken.

Reply to
FlyEmFast

Not to feed what may just be a troll, but..

Are you refering to the 'shower of sparks' that is seen shortly before ignition of the Space Shuttle main engines? If so, that is to burn off any excess hydrogen that may have accumulated in the area.

Reply to
DaveL

that is informative and rational.

Reply to
EZarm

My raft is full of eels.

ALBATROSS!

Reply to
Tom Engelhardt

Finally, a post that I can agree with 100% T'was Brillig! ;-)

Mark Simpson