Rocket Photography Company!

MIT strikes again:

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 MIT '80

Fred Shecter

BTW, considering our mascot, he could have picked a much more exciting name for the company.....

;-)

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I just dropped them a line to get a bit more information about this product. Within about a 1/2 hour I got a call from them asking who I was and what I thought I might want to do with it. Explained my interest in photography and rockets. The gentleman on the phone was friendly and indicated that at this time they are about 6 months away from a product and that it was primarily a military vehicle. The application is a short, quick, look at the surrounding area from an infantry position (or other type of unit that needed a quick peak at what was around them in the near location). Vehicle is going to be going to about 100 meters (with the possibility of raising that to 350 meters). Doing a quick horizon to horizon scan (sweep) of the area. This would then be reported back to the base station (running proprietary software & maybe hardware) so that the people could "see" what is going on around them. The vehicle would be either single use (fire and forget) for a running scan of the area, or reusable (if the people/unit has time to recover it for further sightings later). Single use units are probably (he was guessing) in the $1,000 arena and the reusable would be in the $2,000 ball park. I didn't think to ask if this included the base station or not. The unit comes complete... Base unit and rocket(s) at the time of purchase. Seems a bit expense for us civilians...

Reply to
Jeffrey Drongowski

Something in the E-G range.. the rest was proprietary information.. :)

makes them, are

photography

message

message

Reply to
Jeffrey Drongowski

I don't think I would want that in a hostile situation. see the scenario below;

Our Soldier - " Hey! Let's launch one of those rocket photo things."

Their soldier (translated into English) - "Look! A rocket! Aim the shells over there."

Our soldier - "The video shows a group of enemy soldiers over on that ridge. And they're pointing up at something in the air."

KABOOM!!!!

Our soldier - "How do you think they found us? Don't run! We have to find the rocket again!"

KABOOM!!!! (over and over again)

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398 Secretary, ICBM - Tripoli SC Secretary, ROSCO - NAR section 648

Reply to
Eric Benner

Jeff glad to see you're alive and well. I have wondered, since you have not responded to my e-mail. Any luck on my IA-X96. It has been awhile and I was hoping to have it soon. Bill Richardson TRA 8703 L2

Reply to
BRich

I like how the background image on the samples page shows a bunch of MiG-

27s on the ramp...like anybody still has that many of those beaters still flight capable. Or maybe they're just out there rusting?
Reply to
Marty Schrader

Then try

less then $100

Reply to
art upton

Art

You should be able to sell your stuff to the government for 5X it's worth......remember the $500 toilet seat? the $250 hammer? $100 is way to cheap, undercut those who would force us the taxpayer to overtaxpay. Go get em pal! Sounds like a Haliburton rocket for $1K

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I'm 300 miles from the backside muster point airport, how long for the drone to my patrol? The enemy is 200 yards away.

Will I be dumb enough to sit and polish the launch rod? Will I be dumb enough to launch it from my campsite?

How long to get it over my patrol area? I'm fighting 100 bad guys. It sounds like just another tool. In the mountains of Afghanistan it sounds like something to find people leaving the area in a hurry. They might be just a mile away over the next peak, but I won't know that if I can't get a line of sight. I believe this is nothing but a different line of sight.........when was the last battle with 5.000 men? When was the last battle with 500 men? War is no longer fought that way.

Permits, permits, permits......it's just money......and FAA notification......anthing is possible anywhere with proper planning

How long to get the satelite over my patrol? We are looking for the enemy, they were halfway up the next peak, where have they gone????? Give me the little rocket and I can eliminate or locate!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

But that SHOULD be legal and at least according to the law is with FAA and FD permisssion.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You are assuming clear weather and open terrain. Wars are fought in many locations and in many ways. Recessions are still with us and, sooner or later, so will a big war. Only a liberal would think otherwise. Israel still has them occasionally. Pakistan and India may have one. You do not launch rockets giving away your position when you are not in a position of strength that is how one gets killed. You want to do reconnaissance then punch up a satellite video or drone video of the area in question. Much more efficient.

Yeah, I want to see you get a permit to launch a rocket >

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

Or get one for free on the internet. Terraserver and even Mapquest offer such photos. I grabbed one that shows my house from probably 2 years ago, as a mile away is a vacant lot showing it's just been cleared for construction of what is now my daughters grade school.

Bob Kaplow