Rocket Motor Explodes, Injuring Owner

"while tamping the powder into the engine with a brass hammer"

Visions of Wile Coyote now dance in my brain, adding a fog of humor to the dizzy spells.

Reply to
Tweak

Did he use a precision scale?

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Oh, just use about half a Flintstone's juice glass...

That'll do 'er...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Hey, a Vonage commercial in the works.....

Reply to
bob352

Woo hoo woo hoo hooo..

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Dumb idiot. Gives Research a bad name.

AKS

Reply to
Kurt

Are You referring to His use of a hammer?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

As opposed to a smart one? ; )

I know lots of those.

Randy

<randyolb

I'm surprised they did not arrest him for terrorism... If he lived in CA they would have arrested him and put him on $100,000 dollars bail. That happened to some teens here awhile ago. On Halloween 2 years ago some teens went to the high school football field and put some fire crackers in a plastic pumpkin they bought and lit them off. A lady who lived across the street called the police and they arrested them and put them on $50,000 bail. The parents had to pay the bail to get their kids out.. The DA prosecuted them and it took almost a year to get things straitened out. I figure that if fire crackers are worth $50,000 bail then surely making your own pipe bomb would be worth $100,000 bail.

KT

Reply to
kimballt

A rocket motor is not a pipe bomb. What the kid's did was intentional, the incident with the rocket motor was an accident that occurred in his own garage.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah Dave,

On second thought the hammer was stupid. Should have used a wooden dowel rod as that is what I used in fountains and roman candle kits. My mom wouldn't let my brother or I get the M-80/ash can/silver salute kits available in the late '60's and early '70's. Damn, would have made some serious noise. :)

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

That's what I thought. It's common practice to use a hammer in the ramming process of making bp motors.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I agree, But in CA it does not matter. It would have been a pipe bomb.

Reply to
kimballt

California, a whole other country...(:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Where was it? The Yahoo article just said Oceanside, which I initially assumed WAS in CA.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

It still smacks of Wile Coyote checking shells for duds with a hammer.

Reply to
Tweak

Yes, it is in California.

KGTV is in San Diego.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I'll bet this is not the last we will hear of this. But if it is this guy is awful lucky not to get charged for anything.

KT

Reply to
kimballt

Yep, CA. Oceanside is in northern San Diego county.

Reply to
raydunakin