Building amateur rocket motors at home in California....Legal???

Just bought Ameteur Rocket Motor Construction book by David Sleeter. After glancing through it I became worried about the legality of actually building them at my home in California...Sacramento area. Is it legal to build motors at home here? Do I need some sort of permit? If it is not legal is there a ameteur rocketry group that I can join in the Sacramento area that has all the legal permision to do so?

By the way I actually build large motors for a living at Aerojet. But wanted to make my own for a hobby at home. Suppose I could ask some of the engineers I work with if they know. But am asking this group also.

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt

Generally no.

RRI Sacremento PRS Mojave (but you could be in Sac at RRI) You need to be or have a Pyro-op 2 CA present for this.

Or drive to NV and take vacations at Tahoe. Or drive to OR and take vacations there.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You could ask the folks down the street (The CA Stare Fire Marshal Office).

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Does RRI have a web site.. Phone # or address that I can contact them at?

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt

Ted Novak TRA#5512