Re: [OT] Good ISP for club web site

FOr a few years, I've hosted our club's web site on a dedicated server

> in my office. Because I don't need that office any more, it's no > longer feasible to do this. After doing some checking, >
sounds good. The key items I saw there > that I liked were: > $ 10 per month > 750 Meg of storage (those pictures add up. Right now we're > around 300 Meg > Front Page Extensions > 30 GB Transfer per month > User controlled Data Backup > Self DNS Management > No banners (most free sites force banners on your users so, > I'm not interested in free) > > Any opinions on this ISP or suggested alternatives? > > Thanks > Phil Stein > Phil Stein

I have offered clubs free web space but I would be willing to get paid :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've got a friend who uses

for his bands website. The $50 a year plan has proven to be plenty even with a bunch of mp3's posted. I host my clubs on my cable modem because i'm thrifty (cheap) and don't really need five 9's of reliability. (and storage is unlimited)

Dan Chandler Southern New England Association of Rocketry

Dan Chandler

Jerry,

Thanks for your very generous offer. I really appreciate it.

Does your server support Front Page Extensions? Our site is highly dependent upon them.

Thanks Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I believe I can configure a virtual server at the ISP to do Ms vs unix. Pretty sure it is free too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine