Rocket Challenge comments

half way through the 3 hours, and the Rocket Challenge is very impressive. Very good depiction of rocketry as a technical challenge, as fun and exciting, as a "learn from your mistakes", and as a family activity - complete with wives and kids.

much better done than many of us feared

one fopar though,

24 minutes into the 2nd show, "How High Can You Fly", they made the statement that Tripoli is "the governing body of amateur rocketry".

quite a stretch, that one

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Not a stretch in Tripoli's opinion :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Let the newsgroup scroll proclaim that snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net (Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed) scribed upon its pages in news:7454a912.0311091836.60ab7303 @posting.google.com:

Just watched the first two hours with the kids. What a blast! (Pun intended, thank you very much )

Reply to
Allen McBroom

Very well done.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

I just re-watched the opening sequence (Punk Over the Rainbow). Awsome! I want the DVD!

Great sequence on the kids/family aspects. Some of the best advertising the sport could EVER get. I tip my hat to Discovery Channel.

Reply to
Dana Miller

Very well done IMHO. I would suspect more came away with a positive impression of rocketry than those who would fear it. ... except for the ATFE...of course. Probably pissed them off. ;-)

Stones

Reply to
stones

THANK GOD!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yea, I am sure the ATFE didn't like the show at all....... Eat my smoke ATFE!!!!

Reply to
Trotter's

Great show, very well done!

Kevin Patterson

TOOLS R US

Has anyone seen a pink and yellow rocket? ;-)

Stones

Reply to
stones

Plane Jane straight rockets in the whole thing... and some stupid rockets..... Where was George's Space Shuttle?????? a class act!!!!!! ron

Reply to
Ron S

Great shows overall, IMO. Good job of showing rocketry as a fun, educational, and family hobby. The comments by the "Rocket" Reverend concerning rocketry and future careers were outstanding and I'm glad they were included in the final cut.

Kudos to the Discovery Channel and the production team.

If you liked the show, I'd say go out and buy something from the sponsors and advertisers; a little incentive couldn't hurt if another rocket opportunity comes up.

Was it me, or did the narrator confuse newtons and pounds when talking about motor thrusts?

Reply to
Gary

The way that particular bit was repeated was hilarious. :-) :-)

--

--------------- SeeYa !

-------------- Hello....... Is this thing on ?

Reply to
Cyberia

You must have missed the X-30...

Reply to
Roger Ivie

What - you mean "liquid oxygen"? :-)

--

--------------- SeeYa !

-------------- Hello....... Is this thing on ?

Reply to
Cyberia

You mean "liquid oxygen and rubber", later changed to "liquid hydrogen"?

Yeah, even my wife caught that.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Heh. They also said "The Beast" weighed 3,000 lbs. That *had* to be wrong. Has anyone ever flown a 3,000 Lb. rocket?

--

--------------- SeeYa !

-------------- Hello....... Is this thing on ?

Reply to
Cyberia

That was good.

Agreed.

It would have been nice to see more of the launches and less dirt bouncing into the camera lens. Over all, I'd give it an 85. It had a good beat and you could dance to it. Definately a good portayal of the hobby.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I throughly enjoyed all 3 hours....but I only saw 1 flyrockets.com ad and that was in the 1st hr.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Where were the Gates Bros?