[flyrockets.com] airing comments

The first commercials have aired on the east coast and the webmaster has reported a spike in hits on flyrockets.com already.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Thousand(s) of unique visitors"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yup, we've seen approx 2000 visitors since the show started at 5pm Eastern time, and the first commercial aired. I'll be releasing webstats and resource usage charts in a couple days if anyone is interested.

We're currently not seeing anything on the order of GIGANTIC in the way of traffic, but its way early. Wait until tomorrow when people get to work and remember they want to check the website they saw advertised durning the show, etc... Then, if someone slashdots the site, well, we may need to crank up the backup servers... heh....

For the techinically inclined/curious; so far we've seen a max network usage of 7.5 mbits, out of an available 100 mbits. The CPU usage on the dual processor machine serving the site spiked at a max of 15% usage when the hits first started coming in. As we speak its hovering at 1.5% CPU usage and about 2.5 mbits network network usage.

Greg Deputy

Webmaster

Greg Deputy

Heh, 2nd commercial must have just aired. Saw 1000 visitors in about 2 minutes time. Heh...this is cool.

Reply to
Greg Deputy

That's just all of us checking out the counter. :-)

Just kidding ...

Seriously, thanks for putting together a great site. I'm really pleased with the shows and the FlyRockets.com commercial.

And thanks to all of you launching those really big, really expensive rockets so my wife doesn't think it's so bad that I spend so much on my mid-power rockets.

-- Roger

Roger Smith

I had my first email due to the show, commercial, and website before the

2nd airing of the commercial. It was sent at 8:35 this evening.

Great job to all involved in making the commercial and website happen! And a special thanks to Frank Uroda for not only coming up with the idea in the first place, but also for sponsoring the From the Ground Up competition, as well as being one of the sponsors of Stumpy (misspelled "Stempy" in the show).

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

unscientific data: at 8:00 Pm EST the counter was at 5995 at 9:00Pm, 8068 at 10:11 10,676 at

11:00Pm 13,394 so thats over 7300 hits in 3 hrs.... or 2433 per hour or 41 hits per minute.... Not bad...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Funny, I emailed Greg with that 'concern' the other day.

What will matter is next month's launch.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

yes I second those kudos to Greg Deputy on his super fast website maintenance work! shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

You think that is impressive? I reported over 40 errors and he had them ALL corrected in under 20 minutes EACH.

Big fat ditto.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Another 2.5 hours, another 2.5K new visits!

Bob Kaplow

I've had twice the normal traffic. The top ten keyword referrals were:

high power rocketry x30 rocket rocketry kits dan stroud flyrockets.com rocketry projects flyrockets high-powered rockets rocket rocket x-30

Reply to
SkyPirate

Interesting, Thanks!

Joel. phx