Rocket Challenge comments

I was wondering about that too. It would have been a nice addition. Also I wondered why there weren't more staged flights.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

They showed one an hour, just like we paid for.

First one was probably about 45 mins in; second was about 30 mins in.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I saw it and it was my favorite of all the flights but I would loved to have seen George's Shuttle.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Did anyone detect the hybrid error?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

That was way cool.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

"RSO I'm ready to hook up my igniter"

Joel. phx

Poor Bob.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the 3 hours. Can't wait for the season to begin. Let's just invent some new things........... even in smaller scale. Which was not in the show's. Thing's that MOST ppl can afford.

Reply to
Ron S

Keep her.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The X-30 was AWESOME. I didn't think she would glide, but I was glad to see that I was wrong! Congrats to the X-30 team!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

A ton and a half?

Aside from goverments and large corporations... no.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

Yeah, I noticed that. Liquid Hydrogen, then liquid Oxygen. What's the matter, couldn't the guy pronounce Nitrous Oxide?

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Awesome shows! I loved it! And they did a good job of explaining the details and emphasizing the safety aspects.

In all three episodes they referred to the entire event as "amateur rocketry". A minor quibble though, since the phrase doesn't mean the same thing to the general public that it does to the rest of us.

They also used the word "detonate" to describe one cato. Otherwise, there were very few errors in the shows.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Or laughing gas? Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I saw one each hour.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

"Jon Rose" wrote in news:boo280$1fk3ur$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-13934.news.uni-berlin.de:

I heard that too. I think it was due mostly to editing more than to lack of knowlege. It sounded to me like a couple different conversations got pasted together.

Reply to
David W.

It is the only brand name you rememberd and posted about so it worked.

Also now that you know how much commercials cost, I wonder what the markup is on a gallon of water or powder with a trace amount of chemicals in it?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net (Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

And that LDRS is the largest amateur rocketry "competition".

I heard a reference to one model with "11000 pounds of thrust", and another to ammonium nitrate propellant (in black powder motors). The terminology was a bit fast and loose at times.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

"Cyberia" wrote in news:UPErb.66366$216.15728 @fe08.atl2.webusenet.com:

It turned into liquid hydrogen at one point!

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Wow, that *sucks*. Shouldn't there be a discount for having your commercials "circumvented"? This practice could have severely limited the exposure - maybe reaching a third or less of the people who would have ordinarily seen it.

Reply to
Cyberia