A strange afternoon

Gentlemen,

This afternoon has been very weird, I have spent most of my day outside doing little jobs about the estate, just after 15:00 it went very quiet, even the traffic stopped but after a while I could hear strange noises emanating from various houses particularly those which, for some reason of which I know not, carry the St George Flag then after a little while it went quiet again with just the odd moan. After approx 90 mins the back ground noise picked up again. Anybody have any idea what this may have been, it certainly wasn't the European Grand Prix because that was earlier in the day and I have not seen anything else that would have caused such interest.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

It must have been the climax of the third England V Australia one day match in which our brave lads secured their rightful place in international sport.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Sunday morning, I was in Broadstairs (eastern Kent coast) with the trip back to Bristol before me. For some strange reason, the pleasant weather made the beach a more attractive proposition than coming to see the Anglo-Saxons in an out of the way location. This allowed me to put it to the client that we should pack up early.

I was in the car by 2.30 and had a straight run back to Bristol in light, fast traffic, arriving home at 5.30 on the nose. There was a complete absence of those cars with a red cross on a white ground. Does this mean that the plague that reduces the membrum virile to 3" is over and those so afflicted are out of Quarentine?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Well I'll come clean an admit I watched the footy. Wish I hadn't, I'm not really a devotee of the alleged 'beautiful game' (Helen though is a former Chelsea season ticket holder!) but I am moderately patriotic and to see the national team so thoroughly outclassed was not a pleasant experience - wonder if it would help if we fought as Britain rather than England? Ow - could you stop hitting me now Helen!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

I consider myself patriotic but cant bring myself to get involved with an international game when our team consists of over paid over rated nobody's who only play together once in a blue moon. The whole game should be amateur, plus I hate football any way.

Mart>> Sunday morning, I was in Broadstairs (eastern Kent coast) with the trip

Reply to
campingstoveman

Patriotic - of course.

I started to say all sorts of things about football but have decided that I'll just leave it there ..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

That's a shame, in the words of M.Python "I came here for an argument" - the bit about a British team seems to really wind up the real footy enthusiasts at work!

NHH

Reply to
NHH