this is just sad

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in
What is?
Most of Europe's keynoards are frozen stiff. What excuse can we Western Hemisphere folk offer?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

post stuporbowl brain freeze?
Mad Modeller wrote:

Many of us in the northeast are suffering from lack of snow & cold. Last summer Vt & NH got blasted from the tropical storm irene and the winter is a income recovery time not this year.
Den 07-02-2012 05:42, Mad Modeller skrev:

Not all at least :-) We do have cold weather right now here in Denmark. As I'm writing the temperature is -8C / 17F and last night the temperature dropped to -20C / -4F This is just too cold for me to feel comfortable ;-)

Too few models buildt???????
--
Uffe Brentsen

On 2/7/2012 12:20 PM, Uffe Brentsen wrote:

Mostly what I have been building is model railroad stuff. It's a lot of fun when you letter cars for a private roadname as it often involves putting lettering on one letter at a time.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

this is more like it. i was gone for 2 days and there are posts! rms lives!
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:20:10 +0100, Uffe Brentsen

You Danes are getting soft. Here in the True North Strong and Free we don't notice the chill 'till it hits -40C/-40F. ;) It -does- get that cold around here occasionally. Walked to work once in -30 and my beard was covered in ice when I got there...
Den 09-02-2012 02:02, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com skrev:

Lived and worked for 2 years up on Greenland / ThuleAFB. The lowest we hit was -41C / -42F. When the temperatures are that low it only takes a very light wind that you almost didn't notice to freeze your lower regions off ;-)
I'm from a climate where we very seldom hit -10C so -20C IS cold :-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Will all you guys please stop whining!!! I just got back from a month in Hawaii where I was forced to endure 80-84F during the day, with nighttime lows as harsh as 65F.
Den 10-02-2012 21:36, Andy skrev:

Just to make you somewhat happy I'm willing to trade the cold here for your warm. The only reason is to make you more happy and give you a decent average temp ;-)
--
Uffe Brentsen

Forget what I said earlier.... Today the temp was 16F, with six inches of snow. It looks like my temp is going to average out just fine - dammit!

you may have all my cold, ice and snow. i will take your sun and warm, ok?