this is just sad

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in news:aN%Xq.52477$rV3.10811 @en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com:
What is?
Reply to
ftauss
Most of Europe's keynoards are frozen stiff. What excuse can we Western Hemisphere folk offer?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad Modeller
post stuporbowl brain freeze?
Reply to
someone
Many of us in the northeast are suffering from lack of snow & cold. Last summer Vt & NH got blasted from the tropical storm irene and the winter is a income recovery time not this year.
Reply to
down_hill
Den 07-02-2012 05:42, Mad Modeller skrev:
Not all at least :-) We do have cold weather right now here in Denmark. As I'm writing the temperature is -8C / 17F and last night the temperature dropped to -20C / -4F This is just too cold for me to feel comfortable ;-)
Too few models buildt???????
Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen
Mostly what I have been building is model railroad stuff. It's a lot of fun when you letter cars for a private roadname as it often involves putting lettering on one letter at a time.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad Modeller
You Danes are getting soft. Here in the True North Strong and Free we don't notice the chill 'till it hits -40C/-40F. ;) It -does- get that cold around here occasionally. Walked to work once in -30 and my beard was covered in ice when I got there...
Reply to
rfranklin
Den 09-02-2012 02:02, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com skrev:
Lived and worked for 2 years up on Greenland / ThuleAFB. The lowest we hit was -41C / -42F. When the temperatures are that low it only takes a very light wind that you almost didn't notice to freeze your lower regions off ;-)
I'm from a climate where we very seldom hit -10C so -20C IS cold :-)
Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen
Will all you guys please stop whining!!! I just got back from a month in Hawaii where I was forced to endure 80-84F during the day, with nighttime lows as harsh as 65F.
Reply to
Andy
this is more like it. i was gone for 2 days and there are posts! rms lives!
Reply to
someone
you may have all my cold, ice and snow. i will take your sun and warm, ok?
Reply to
someone
Just to make you somewhat happy I'm willing to trade the cold here for your warm. The only reason is to make you more happy and give you a decent average temp ;-)
Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen
e:
Forget what I said earlier.... Today the temp was 16F, with six inches of snow. It looks like my temp is going to average out just fine - dammit!
Reply to
Andy