need some help please

I'm taking autocad (modules 1 thru 4) at a local college night school. Have used and expired trial 2006. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would express mail me a cd of a trial copy of 2004 so I can do some practise & homework. I'll gladly pay for expenses and inconvenient.

best regards

Reply to
neon

You might consider IntelliCAD, which is essentially a clone of AutoCAD. There are differences, especially for those who use the mouse instead of the keyboard for commands. But, it really is a very good substitute for Autocad at about $200 and they have a downloadable trial version as well.

There are several sources who sell it under their own name.

Also, if you are interested in Solidworks, they have a very nice 90 day learning edition and you can renvew the trial version when it expires. The only limitation is that it always prints "learning edition" and the drawings created with the learning edition can't be used in the regular version.

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
cadcoke3

thanks for the information Joe. what are the pros & cons of IntelliCAD vs Solidworks? will probably investigate both after I pass my courses (still need

2004!)

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
neon

Very likely.

First, Autodesk doesn't permit license transfers among individuals.

Secondly, most offices don't have "old versions" lying around, unless they're old copies that have been upgraded to newer ones. Once upgraded, the old version is no longer a legal copy, as the EULA states that all copies of old versions must be destroyed within 60 days of being upgraded. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

BTW, I'm not necessarily saying that I endorse or agree with all of Autodesk's business practices, or all of the terms and conditions of their EULA. But those *are* the facts (in the USA, at least). __

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Just like when you buy a new book by the same author, you must destroy the old one, right?

Reply to
CW

But they do not have the force of law. Force of intimidation only. They threaten to tie you up in court until you are broke.

Reply to
CW

Paul, I agree that an upgraded version works under the same single license agreement. I did call to our local AutoCAD rep. Here is what they told me. It is fine to sell a full version to someone if it is not being used by you anymore. It is NOT ok to sell a copy to someone if you are still using it, OR if it has been "upgraded". If a firm has a full version of 14, and then buys a full version of 2000, they can sell the full version of 14. If a firm has a full version of 14 and then buys an UPGRADE for 2000, they can NOT sell the full version of 14.

Not my interpretation, but theirs. David.

Reply to
David

Answered many times in the past: 3D modeling, extensive customization capability, and a handful of other things--not to mention $3000 difference in price. Go to the Autodesk site or browse previous posts for more insights. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Yes, under those conditions, I'd say your dealer is correct. And, I suppose, with the current "retirement" program for older versions, there may be a few unused, non-upgraded versions floating around. And the question of registration is moot, since without upgradeability, there's no advantage to registration. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill