Need help #4

Hello again, and thanks to all for the help, I am looking for some AHM parts. I need some black plastic "pins" that actually hold the trucks to the car frame (bottom?)....thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Kasiorek

Mike wrote: Hello again, and thanks to all for the help, I am looking for some AHM parts. I need some black plastic "pins" that actually hold the trucks to the car frame (bottom?)....thanks, Mike

------------------------------------------------------------- I believe that IHC (successor to AHM and Regal Way) had AHM parts. Maybe they still do:

Some of the current offerings by IHC might be the same as the items by AHM.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

Another possibility would be to forget the plastic pins and use screws. If these are HO scale cars, a 2-56 screw of suitable length is the usual.

HTH, Stevert

Reply to
Stevert

The hole in the bolster of an AHM car is too large for 2-56 screws. Also IMO the trucks aren't worth saving.

But many of the AHM cars have good body moldings, so are worth using if you are willing to: a) plug the bolster hole, and drill for a #2 screw (I use a wood screw which will cut its own thread.) b) file down the boss on the bolsters and/or build up a coupler mounting pad for a KD-5.

Good luck.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

And, I have had good performance on IHC cars by replacing the plastic pins with 6-32 machine screws which fit nicely into the holes which take the plastic pins.

David Starr

Reply to
David J. Starr