Need help #4

Hello again, and thanks to all for the help, I am looking for some AHM parts. I need some black plastic "pins" that actually hold the trucks
to the car frame (bottom?)....thanks, Mike
Mike wrote: Hello again, and thanks to all for the help, I am looking for some AHM parts. I need some black plastic "pins" that actually hold the trucks to the car frame (bottom?)....thanks, Mike ------------------------------------------------------------- I believe that IHC (successor to AHM and Regal Way) had AHM parts. Maybe they still do:
http://www.ihc-hobby.com/cgi-bin/bsc.cgi
Some of the current offerings by IHC might be the same as the items by AHM.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
Mike Kasiorek wrote:

Another possibility would be to forget the plastic pins and use screws. If these are HO scale cars, a 2-56 screw of suitable length is the usual.
HTH, Stevert
Stevert wrote:

The hole in the bolster of an AHM car is too large for 2-56 screws. Also IMO the trucks aren't worth saving.
But many of the AHM cars have good body moldings, so are worth using if you are willing to: a) plug the bolster hole, and drill for a #2 screw (I use a wood screw which will cut its own thread.) b) file down the boss on the bolsters and/or build up a coupler mounting pad for a KD-5.
Good luck.
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

And, I have had good performance on IHC cars by replacing the plastic pins with 6-32 machine screws which fit nicely into the holes which take the plastic pins.
David Starr