Where to purchase software?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a copy of rocksim or spacecad for cheap? Maybe someone has an older copy/ earlier version that they want to sell? Laura

Reply to
lizardqueen

If you're in the UK, you can have my copy of Spacecad. I never got on with it.

Mind you, I have issues with Rocksim too but that's only because I was charged three times for an upgrade and TVM et al refused to refund me despite being sent a copy of my credit card statement. I can't fault the software though even though I have stuck with an old version.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

I use RockSim 7.0 and I have an earlier version that you can have free if you want. It's v. 4.0 and is on two 3-1/2" diskettes. I would think it still works. Please let me know if you're interested. I'm in AZ. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell Jr.

I use RockSim 7.0 and I have an earlier version that you can have free if you want. It's v. 4.0 and is on two 3-1/2" diskettes. I would think it still works. Please let me know if you're interested. I'm in AZ. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
lizardqueen

Reply to
lizardqueen

Reply to
lizardqueen

There's a better process to rectify situations like this and it's called a "credit card provider dispute". Contact your credit card company, have them pull up your statement for the date of the charges and let them resolve the issue. You WILL get a credit if it is a vendor or processor mistake.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Will Marchant

I can't tell you the exact differences but they're on the apogee website. I upgraded because an upgrade was available, but I didn't need to. V4 worked fine even for designing my larger 2-stage so I think it'll work for you. I think V7 has a 3D view of the rocket but I never use it. Begging seems to be a feature of advanced rocketry; it's worked pretty well for me when I've needed it :) Thank you friends. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell Jr.

THree!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I'm sorry Bob, but the DIFFERENCE is negative three... (now, if the question had been the difference between version 8 and version 5, you would have had the answer...)

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

BTW, you may want to check the license for the software. Most packages do not allow for the resale of a license.

Lets say "user A" buys a legit copy of version 4.0, but upgrades to version 5.0, under a deal for version 4.0 users. (cheaper price)

"User A" then sells the version 4.0 disks to "User B". This violates most software licensing, as "User B" will often request an "upgrade price" when buying version 5.0.

When software is bought, it's often a "license" to use that software, and is not transferable. If you buy the disks from a 3rd party, you are > lizardqueen wrote:

Reply to
AZ Woody

I know under most software copyrights a person is not supposed to re-sell software for which they received an upgraded version at a discount. I'm not aware of anything prohibiting giving away (as in free) old software no longer being used. Is that also illegal? But how many who buy or sell on eBay or ship motors on ROL pay much attention to the law? (putting on nomex flame suit now) Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
Larry Lobdell Jr.

I just decided never to give any money to Apogee ever again.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

In that case you might be interested in my quick n dirty getting started with rocsim tutorial. It's only basic but it should get you designing rockets pretty quickly.

The tutorial is in M$ Word and has lots of screen shots and was made with a demo of version 5. btw, my experience with version 5 is that it's sims are WAY off the mark (I thought my design was not simming right so I sent the file to a mate with version 8 and he got the sim results that I expected to get). But its fine for getting stability issues sorted. Perth Advanced Rocket Club - Western Australia

Impakt

I bought SpaceCad and there was supposed to be a Rocksim importation feature. Your Rocksim files could be imported into SpaceCad.

It doesn't work.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

I feel your pain. Tim was one of the primary anti-Internet villians referenced in my editorial, "'Brick and mortar' vs. 'click and order' - Luddites suit up!" from a few years ago:

Most people understand the correlation between mind and parachute...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I like the gas station attendants in NJ. They pump it for you plus it's 10 cents cheaper than in PA. WHat's wrong wiht that?

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Not everyone lives on the border. How much cheaper would it be if NJ residents could pump it?

Reply to
Planet News