Where to purchase software?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a copy of rocksim or spacecad for cheap? Maybe someone has an older copy/ earlier version
that they want to sell? Laura

If you're in the UK, you can have my copy of Spacecad. I never got on with it.
Mind you, I have issues with Rocksim too but that's only because I was charged three times for an upgrade and TVM et al refused to refund me despite being sent a copy of my credit card statement. I can't fault the software though even though I have stuck with an old version.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
Sorry to here that you had problems. I'm actually in the states but thank you. I really haven't found either one intuitive in terms of the user interface, but I'm sure I'll get used to them. I saw a copy of Rocksim Version 5 on eBay, and I was wondering what the difference is between version 5 and version 8. If it's mostly cosmetic, I'll get the version 5. Thanks Laura Chris Eilbeck wrote:

THree!
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I'm sorry Bob, but the DIFFERENCE is negative three... (now, if the question had been the difference between version 8 and version 5, you would have had the answer...)
David Erbas-White

In that case you might be interested in my quick n dirty getting started with rocsim tutorial. It's only basic but it should get you designing rockets pretty quickly.
http://waro.iinet.net.au/parc/downloads.htm
The tutorial is in M$ Word and has lots of screen shots and was made with a demo of version 5. btw, my experience with version 5 is that it's sims are WAY off the mark (I thought my design was not simming right so I sent the file to a mate with version 8 and he got the sim results that I expected to get). But its fine for getting stability issues sorted. Perth Advanced Rocket Club - Western Australia http://waro.iinet.net.au/parc /
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

There's a better process to rectify situations like this and it's called a "credit card provider dispute". Contact your credit card company, have them pull up your statement for the date of the charges and let them resolve the issue. You WILL get a credit if it is a vendor or processor mistake.
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

I just decided never to give any money to Apogee ever again.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

I feel your pain. Tim was one of the primary anti-Internet villians referenced in my editorial, "'Brick and mortar' vs. 'click and order' - Luddites suit up!" from a few years ago:
http://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/187/38 /
Most people understand the correlation between mind and parachute...
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

I like the gas station attendants in NJ. They pump it for you plus it's 10 cents cheaper than in PA. WHat's wrong wiht that?
Phil
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:45:29 -0400, "Darrell D. Mobley"

Philip Stein wrote:

Not everyone lives on the border. How much cheaper would it be if NJ residents could pump it?
--
Visit Rocketry Planet - http://www.rocketryplanet.com

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:48:10 -0400, Planet News

Since I have no control over it, I don't worry about it. It's a NJ law so their govt would have to repeal the law.
Jersey is a very Labor - controlled state. So you found gas for 10 cents cheaper... take a whopping guess at how many other peripheral services took a jump in price...
They nick you every time you want to get anywhere on a major highway.
Don't _even_ break down on the "Joizy" pike. You are not even allow to fix_your_own_car on the pike, no matter how minor. You even get seen having pulled over for a second, and you are gonna get towed.
The trucking industry gets nailed royal in Jersey. I cannot tell you how many times in dispatch we told the drivers to drive on the flats and get off the pike just so we didn't get reamed an extra $300 for the call. And if they got noticed by the pike people, a tow truck would pull in front of the outfit and force the issue, whether by forcing pay to get towed off the pike (needed or not), or by paying the exhorbitant repair fees for them to do it. No acceptable form of payment on hand? Tough beans - to the impound lot.
You can keep your Jersey gas, thankyou.
Cheers!
~ Duane "I've been everywhere, man... (Johnny Cash)" Phillips
So you save 10 cents a gallon... that is because they

You could always drive around NJ to avoid it.
Phil
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 19:35:14 -0600, "Duane Phillips"

Point -->>> Drive around. Fly around. Walk around. Or... just grin and bear it, while you dole out the dough. Besides, New Jersey has some beautiful places to visit.
My point was you save squat. Fuel taxes in most states cover the cost of the highways, augmented by Federal taxes which also are taxing the fuel... something Jersey cannot get out of.
In New Jersey, the gas prices are lower becuase they have allowed raised costs in other areas to make up the difference... like selling the highway maintenance, controll, and access to private entities, which creates a huge monopolistic channel for income... they more than recoup the costs of maintaining the highway.
Now, you save 10 cents... is that a significant drop in the fuel taxes that *usually* were used to maintain highways? The drop should have been orders of magnitude higher... but then that is a very easy way to get *more* taxes out of the people, without them noticing the pain. !We get gas 10 cents cheaper! Hoorah! Selling fuel in Jersey must be a real cash cow...
But, New Jersey is not the only place this has happened. More and more places are requiring you to maintain a pocket full of coin and cash just to get from one place to another.
Enjoy the 10 cents while it lasts...
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.

I keep saying that a politician could get elected in IL with a one issue campaign: put an end to our tollway ripoff. The roads were supposed to be free after the original bonds were paid off. But the burrocrats keep finding ways to make us keep paying and paying. The only solution to political lying is capital punishment.
If you're frustrated with high gas prices, take a look at the USA gas price map at http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx Most of the midwest, except for IL and WI, have gas that is considerably cheaper than out west or northeast. When you see two states side by side with significant differences in gas prices, the difference is 100% politics.
Of course IL gas prices are highest around Chicago where I am. In my whole 5000 mile round trip to NARAM this year, the only place I saw gas prices higher than Chicago was the single gas station inside the Grand Canyon National Park, and perhaps the one outside Meteor Crater.
A few things -
I drive through there on a regular basis. I don't go there to get gas.
Jersey drivers come ripping through my neighborhood & wear out my roads so it goes both ways.
Lastly, it was just a comment. I don't care about any of the seemimgly valid points you guys have made. If I cared about any of this crap, I'd tell everyone to stay out of NJ because Steve Dicker (rymes with Decker) get paid by (not works for) NJ DOT.
Anyway, I suggest that you guys lighten up.
Phil
On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:13:39 -0600, "Duane Phillips"

<grin> No angst here - just easy conversation about cheap Joizy fuel. You asked what was wrong with it... <grin>.
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.

Duane Phillips wrote:

True to a certain extent, but like most things, there's more to the story.
The primary reason fuel is cheaper in New Jersey is that NJ has one of the lowest gas tax rates in the nation.
Notwithstanding, NJ roads are some of the best-maintained in the nation.
comments inline...
wrote:

Yes, and I explained why (story told).

"Best" is a personal opinion, not well reflected in my several travels through there. I have never been down the pike without construction clogging it somewhere. So are they maintaining? Obviously... in fact, with that kind of contract, you want to be seen always working on it, not just soaking in the contract... and therein lies the pain.
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.