Where to purchase software?

So, yiu're upset because they ARE maintaining the roads?
..riiiggghhhtt.....
Plus. you are lumping the Turnpike, which is an "authority" road, in with other highways.
Not really comparable, in many ways.

Gus / Steve is an expert on the subject - he gets paid by (as opposed to working) for NJ DOT. Nice scam if you can pull it off. Steve - are you getting paid to post on rmr today? I'm jealous.
Phil
Philip Stein wrote:

As well you should be, fuck nut.
Not upset here Gus. Just discussing the facts.
The slight decrease in fuel costs is far outweighed by toll costs and monopolistic channeling of that huge and lengthy tract of real estate, let out at a tiny fraction of the real value.
I have travelled in and through every state in the nation (except Alaska), and almost without exception, the controlled tollways are a real pain. And the pike was one of the biggest pains, regularly.
I have driven on almost every major highway in the US. I personally rank the pike in the bottom 10%, for many reasons. What I was noting was not maintenance, but the appearance of maintenance while bottlenecking several miles of roadway with cones during daytime hours. That is both my personal experience, and also on the drivers we had to dispatch through troubles there.
So what you are implying is that we all just got caught on the bad days... every time...
"> ..riiiggghhhtt....."
And I most definitely compare it with all major highways in the US... which is why we agree on at least this point:
"> Not really comparable, in many ways."
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.

Duane Phillips wrote:

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to shed a little light on the subject of how highways are financed.
Actually, very little of the money used to finance the NJ Tpk. comes from taxes.
That is not the case with non-Authority roads.
92% of the Turnpike's revenue is derived from tolls, 35% of which is from out of state traffic.
No State Tax money is used to fund the Turnpike. In fact, $12 million dollars of Turnpike funds are contributed to the State Transportation Trust Fund annually.
So, if the turnpike were NOT a toll road, it would have to compete for available funding with every other transportation need out there. In a major corridor state like New Jersey there are always FAR more needs than there is money to address them.
That's life in the big city.

"It would have to compete..." vs. "enjoy the leisure of a monopolistic function".
The only noteworthy point above is the "35%" out-of-state traffic (your numbers... I don't have the actual statistics). But that is a double edged sword: by your numbers, 65% are Jersey residents who now pay triple "taxes" (call it what ever you desire) on the major roadway though New Jersey... but hey, the gas is cheaper (sort of).
So you've just brought it back full circle. In my opinion, the decrease in fuel prices due to less State additive taxation is only a token decrease in State fuel taxes, and does not compensate for the crammed up piece of taxing roadway that showcases the pike authority. In the end, the money still comes from the people, only now we also pay for terminus, overhead, and access control, with excesses of $12 million (your numbers) and finally a product of a roadway that never seems to be free of construction, and takes longer to pass through than at least 95% of other major highways in the US.
That's not "life in the big city", it is just one way to pay for the roadway (and then some), with a method that actually costs the people more in the end.
However, that is both my experience, and my opinion. I don't agree with toll-based roadways. That type of system just flows to easily with the following (bad) logic: "If it moves, tax it. If it still moves, tax it more. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it." ~ author unknown (I think Reagan quoted something like it, in jest).
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.
Duane Phillips wrote:

Well then, you REALLY won't like "Congestion Pricing."
QED
Yesterday - Regular 2.419 / gallon full service wahoo. To bad I didn't need gas while I was there.
Phil
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:53:32 -0600, "Duane Phillips"

Today, a block from my house...$2.26 full service (its rare to find full service, and this is one of the cheaper ones around)
I filled up. :)
-Aaron
Philip Stein wrote:

In the mid ages, wasn't a creature under a bridge that would come out and say:
You Must Pay Troll, You Must Pay Troll
<lol> That's what I've been told... and in some cases they just come out and eat you alive.
<grin>
Cheers!
~ Duane Phillips.

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:21:07 -0600, "Duane Phillips"

Remember -they let you in for free but you have to pay to get out. Don't lose all your money in AC.

"The Ballad of Jake and 10-Ton Molly":
    http://www.mikeagranoff.com/lyrics/Jake.htm
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

I bought SpaceCad and there was supposed to be a Rocksim importation feature. Your Rocksim files could be imported into SpaceCad.
It doesn't work.
Kurt

lizardqueen wrote:

I use RockSim 7.0 and I have an earlier version that you can have free if you want. It's v. 4.0 and is on two 3-1/2" diskettes. I would think it still works. Please let me know if you're interested. I'm in AZ. Larry Lobdell Jr.
I know beggers can't be choosers Larry, but could you tell me the big difference between V4 and V5? Larry Lobdell Jr. wrote:

Hi Laura: http://www.apogeerockets.com/rocksim_history.asp goes through the features of all the different versions.     Will
lizardqueen wrote:

Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3
Sorry I just removed a post, because I meant to say: Larry, I know beggars can't be choosers, but could you tell me the big difference between V4 and V7?
Larry Lobdell Jr. wrote:

lizardqueen wrote:

I can't tell you the exact differences but they're on the apogee website. I upgraded because an upgrade was available, but I didn't need to. V4 worked fine even for designing my larger 2-stage so I think it'll work for you. I think V7 has a 3D view of the rocket but I never use it. Begging seems to be a feature of advanced rocketry; it's worked pretty well for me when I've needed it :) Thank you friends. Larry Lobdell Jr.
BTW, you may want to check the license for the software. Most packages do not allow for the resale of a license.
Lets say "user A" buys a legit copy of version 4.0, but upgrades to version 5.0, under a deal for version 4.0 users. (cheaper price)
"User A" then sells the version 4.0 disks to "User B". This violates most software licensing, as "User B" will often request an "upgrade price" when buying version 5.0.
When software is bought, it's often a "license" to use that software, and is not transferable. If you buy the disks from a 3rd party, you are in reality, committing a crime.