dumb question?

I have a customers file & crosshairs & Ortho are set to 15 degrees... how the hell do I get them back to real world 0 deg & 90 ???
TIA Rob

If the UCS icon is cranked with them, the view is skewed to the UCS. To crank the view to the UCS use PLAN>ENTER>ENTER. To reorient the UCS to the view use UCS>V>ENTER.
If UCS icon is skewed to the crosshairs, checkout SNAPANG. It's probably set to 15 or 75. Set it to 0.
be cool ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

set
that was it! Thanks never seen anyone mess with it before... very annoying. :O)
Rob
It's pretty useless for my work too. I'm not sure why anyone would use it....

snipped-for-privacy@dont.try (Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

For one use, if you have a line at *any* angle, you can use SNAPANG to set your cursors to that angle and then draw a line at any angle to it. When asked for the new snapang, type END (pick end), END (pick other end) and your cursors will align with the line.
For example, drawing a line at right angles to any other line.
So it's like changing the UCS and having ORTHO on, but without losing your coordinate context?
I think I could use that....
(It's my 'dumb' day.)
(Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

To quote the 'help' stuff:
*** Sets the snap and grid rotation angle for the current viewport. The angle you specify is relative to the current UCS. ***
So your UCS stays as it was. Ortho operates relative to the new snapang. Useful for 2D work, I suppose.
If you draw a line. say @1000<25, it is drawn as the 'help' says, relative to the current UCS.
See comments by snipped-for-privacy@stargate.net regarding text alignment.
snipped-for-privacy@dont.try (Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Michael, you dissapoint me! ;)
For civil work, plans are RARELY 'North up', so our snapang is rarely east.
See response to Salty. Is that why/how you use it?

east.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Basically, yes. Easy way to keep text, etc. aligned parallel with the sheet. Having the crosshairs parallel to the sheet also makes it easy to tell wich way the text should read, as I'm not always working 'right side up'. Sometimes I'm working on a drawing viewing upside down compared to how the plan will plot.
I'm the same way but I've used UCS and F8 to do that. The absolute coordinate context is not usually important. I'll play with it sometime.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

I hadn't thought of that. Coordinates are critical for us, so you don't generally want to mess with the UCS.

Tom. You disappoint me!
; D
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

....and for got reason I might add......hanging my head in shame.
snipped-for-privacy@dont.try (Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

Cheeky! :-))
Nothing, if not that.
(Michael Bulatovich) wrote: