cost of solidworks ?

What is typically the base price for a solidowrks package ? can you buy
somebodies old copy of it ? or is it always licensed to them and just
updated ? I have a personal eddition that I learning with....
Reply to
Mike
Depends on where you are, but in the US the list price is $3995, and seldom are discounts available. No, you can't buy an old copy from someone and have SolidWorks Corp honor it as a legal copy. The only way licenses are ever transferred are in bandruptcies, mergers or buyouts. And with bankruptcies my understanding is that only creditors may be eligible to receive a legal license. I could be wrong.
Mike wrote:
Reply to
Sporkman
I think we had to fork over $6,000 to $7,000 (with all the taxes, etc.) for SW Office. We use PhotoWorks (included in Office package) heavily, and dabble with some of the additional add-ins.
Support for each year is ~$1,400 with tax.
Jeff Mowry Industrial Designhaus, LLC
"GETRIDOFTHIS" from email address)
Mike wrote:
Reply to
Jeff Mowry
In the US, $3995 for SolidWorks or $4995 for SolidWorks Office, or I think $5495 for Office Pro. $1295 for subscription service unless you have Office Pro, in which case I THINK it's $200 more.
Jeff Mowry wrote: > > I think we had to fork over $6,000 to $7,000 (with all the taxes, etc.) > for SW Office. We use PhotoWorks (included in Office package) heavily, > and dabble with some of the additional add-ins. > > Support for each year is ~$1,400 with tax. > > Jeff Mowry > Industrial Designhaus, LLC >
(Remove "GETRIDOFTHIS" from email address)
Reply to
Sporkman
Don't forget the cost of training and the cost of upgrading hardware. At the very least you are probably looking at a professional quality graphics card and more memory.
Sporkman wrote:
Reply to
kellnerp