Looking for pictures or animation on how click pen works

I am looking for pictures or animation on how click pen works.

Thanks

Reply to
Alex

I don't know where to look off hand, but the easiest thing to do is take one apart. There is more than one version, with the rotary ramp type being the oldest that I remember from the 60's, and then more recently is a what I call a flopping ramp. Go explore!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If you find it...post it...cause I've been looking also! Thanks to Wayne for the different search terms though!

Reply to
CFisher

Alex wrote in news:00qwc.5903$Wu6.1330 @newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

I don't have anything to share really, but I did disassemble a Palm Stylus (from a Tungsten C maybe?) a while back after reading an article about it in desktop engineering. Once you see the mechanism, its fairly obvious how it works, although not necessarily easy to model. It is basically a rotating barrel on the shaft that rides around in between two cylinders with profiles molded into them that cotrol the rotation of the barrel. The angular position of the barrel controls whether the stlyus is in or out. The exact same design could be used for a pen, or any number of other push- push mechanisms. I had modelled all of the parts at one time, but was never able to get the geometry worked out to the point that physical dynamics would make the thing work on screen.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

Just for curiosity and fun, I modeled one version of the pen click mechanism. It took some time to get it right, even though I was pretty sure how the mechanism works...

(~1.5Mt)
(660 Kt)

The zip contains the click mechanism as SW2005 Beta model.

Hope this helps!

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Heikki Leivo wrote: ...(clip)...

ACK (holding out crucifix in terror). How about translating to a neutral file format for those of us who don't want anything to do with 2005 until SW Corp has issued at least 5 service packs on it (after release)?

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

'Duh! Sorry about that. See

268Kb

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Reply to
Sporkman

That is because parasolid files are text files; the browser thinks that you want to view the file. You can always use "Save target as" if the file is opened in browser instead of being downloaded.

Just to make you happy I converted the files to SW2004;

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo