graphics tablet for SW

Does anyone use a graphics tablet with SW?

Is Solidworks WinTab complaint?

I can get a Calcomp DrawingBoard III for free (well I have to pay shipping), but do not want to waste the time if it want work. I used to use one with CadKey and really like the programmable buttons and templates.

Thanks David Hannah

Reply to
DHANNAH

Hi David I am using a drawing board III with SolidWorks/windows with success. Actually it is a HP 12x12 Graphics Tablet but I believe they are the same. I use a driver for drawing board III and it works fine.

Kind regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Sabroe

(second attempt)

Hi David,

I've used a graphics tablet for several years now, and I'm quite satisfied with it. I also used a Calcomp drawingboard III for a short period with WinTab, and hated every minute of it. The hardware stinks. Pens don't last longer than a few months, especially the wireless ones. And the drivers supplied with the tablet are vere unstable. Several times a day the tablet beeps and then you have to restart your PC to get the tablet running again. If you're serious about using a tablet you should consider a Wacom tablet, like the Intuos2 or the cheaper version Graphire. VERY stable, and hardware never gave up on me, even after 3 years of continious 'mistreatment'.

Hope this helps,

Martijn.

Reply to
Martijn

Hi David,

I've used a graphics tablet for several years now, and I'm quite satisfied with it. I also used a Calcomp drawingboard III s

Reply to
Martijn

What OS are you running. (Win 98, Win NT, Win 2000 or Win XP) Calcomp web site does not say anything about supporting Win XP.

Reply to
DHANNAH