Inventor has "Slice graphics" Does SW have a similar option?

I have learned Inventor and now am using Solidworks. Everything is fine except I cannot find a similar function to the Inventor slice graphics option. I am working on "box" like parts. They are enclosures with details on the inside as well as the outside. I enjoyed the ability to select an inner wall as a sketch plane and then slice the graphics out of the way. Can SW do this as well. Please help.

Reply to
Alan Terhark

called section view. look in help.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Alan Terhark) wrote in news:b42f89b9.0410061914.6ff2cc1 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Hi Alan,

Our company is trying to find a suitable 3D cad system. We do not make plastic parts - mostly straight edged steel parts.

What is the better program?

SOLIDWORKS or INVENTOR?

/Peter

Reply to
John Smith

SolidWorks of course.

SW is really good at prismatic parts. Very efficient. Capable of large assemblies, etc.

There have been many threads on this newsgroup covering this subject. Search for Inventor and SolidWorks in google.

Certainly as far as feature wars go, Inventor has done a good job of copying SolidWorks (and sometimes vice versa).