Graphics Tablet to replace the mouse

I appreciate that this topic has been voiced before but I can find no recent posts................

I have been using Solidworks for eleven years with an Acecad tablet and pen with no problems. I now am on a long term contract with a company that only uses ProE Wildfire 2 and it is a real pain (literally) to use as it is, as you all know, biased towards the use of a three button mouse.

Has anyone sourced a decent tablet and pen that can be programmed to mimic the three button functions?

and, or are there any work arounds to get the rotation/panning/zoom and the other functions of the middle button to be actioned when using a pen?

Cheers for any help - much appreciated.

david

Reply to
dsm

I have trouble using a mouse wheel as a button too, so I've got a multi-button mouse with programmable buttons to get all the MMB functions onto proper buttons.

Reply to
John Wade

I've said it before, but now that 3Dconnexion has come out with a US $59 3D 'mouse' it is time to look at these devices again. I have a SpacePilot, and a SpaceTraveller, and when I cannot use the devices, it feels like my left hand has been cut off! Seriously, the are a great addition.

Chris Gosnell

Reply to
ChrisG