printing question in SW

Why is it when I print to my HP DesignJet 650C from SW, it takes about 30 min to start printing. But when I create an I-Drawing or PDF and print it starts in about 2 mins. Their both use the same driver. This is driving me crazy. I've tried spooling, no spooling and print direct. Any suggestion?

Also I did not have this problem with SW 2001, sw2001+ or sw2003. I've spoke to my VAR and they can not put a handle on it. They say some customer are have trouble and some are not.

David Hannah

Reply to
DHANNAH

Do you have a dongle for SW if so it may be what is causing your problems.

Reply to
Rocko

sorry, that's E-Drawing

Why is it I can always find my mistakes after post, but not before.

Reply to
DHANNAH

Although this may be a SolidWorks issue, it's worth de-installing the driver (if you haven't already done that), rebooting, and trying to re-install the driver. Sounds like you are on a network, too. I can't imagine two minutes to start printing, much less 30. De-install the driver from the server if that's the case.

'Sporky'

DHANNAH wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Spork,

I've tried it on the network, I've tried it attached direct to my parallel, I've tried it on a serial,I uninstalled drivers, I tried WinLine drivers.

This is a brand new computer I'm on now and it has the same problem my old one did.

This is driving me crazy.

Thanks for the help

suggestion?

Reply to
DHANNAH

I have an HP 700c ; E-size plotter. I was having plotting problems with sp0 of 2004. sp1 seemes to have solved that one, (while making drawings so slow as to be unusable wth large mold designs.)

I'd be curious to hear which sp you are on.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Window xp sp1a SW2004 sp1

Reply to
DHANNAH

The other thing that's confusing is the file size. If I plot a detailed mold assembly plan view, the plot file is about 5 mg in SW. The same drawing plotted as an I-Drawing is about 750k. Why is their a difference?

Reply to
DHANNAH