unable to save - file is corrupt

please, oh please, SolidWorks Corp, let good ol' bob z. save this part! bob z. is a good person. he never wanted to hurt anyone. he just wants to save this part!

bob z. really likes swx2004. bob z. really liked swx2003, 2001+, 2001, and

2000. swx is good! SolidWorks Corp is being mean to good ol' bob z., though. why? nobody knows! how? by not letting bob z. save this part!

this part is a mirror of another. the child component of the mirror is sometimes failing to save. corrupt and all that, ya know.

specs: dell precision 350

1gb ram quadro 900 xgl windows xp sp1a swx 2004 sp0.0 spaceball trackball keyboard monitor coffee cup beer calendar

-- bob z. p.s. god hates us all!!!

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Try filling your coffee cup with the same brand of beer currently displayed by your beer calendar. Just a hunch....

-- Markus

Reply to
Markus Wankus

I have heard a Save As can cure problems like this....

Reply to
Arlin

Well at least it's a mirrored part. Shouldn't take long to make a new one if you have to.

Sometimes I can get them to work by shutting down and rebooting SW and opening just the part that's being the problem.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Bob, I had a similar problem last Friday. The offending part was a modified flange that was created from a base part (the stock flange).

I was able to close all the SW files, open up the base part, CTL-Q, Save. After that, I did the same to the modified flange part.

That appeared to fix the problem.

Reply to
George

bob z. got quite a few really good solutions to his problem. thanks a lot to everyone! bob z. really like the solution of filling the coffee cup with the Mountain Goat Hightail Ale (brewed in Melbourne, Australia). bob z. is going to Australia one of these days. It is the last Great Frontier.

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Hey, just realized something for the first time, your pronunciation and use of the English language sounds much like something Gollum would say from Lord of the Rings. Any relation?

Nasty fat SW!

Kman

Reply to
Kman

That's

Nassssssssty fat Solidworksesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

well, in a sense, you are very right. you see, bob z. is a split personality of his creator. bob z. is a way to let the bad stuff out. sometimes the good and bad gets crossed up!

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

I enjoy your humor and wit, keep up the split personality.

Kman

Reply to
Kman