-normal to- change in 2005?

Is it my imagination, or does the "Normal To" command work differently in 2005? I thought that if I select NT more than once, it would flip the view direction for the plane being viewed? So the first selection of NT would view the the plane from the top (for example) and then selecting it again, would view the same plane from the bottom. I am pretty sure this is how it worked in 2004, or even 2005 beta. but I do not have those installed anymore to check. Or have I accidentally changed a setting somewhere that affects this.

I thought I had one of my spaceball buttons mapped to this, and it was very useful to quickly switch between view directions, also for sketching.

Thanks to anyone who can remind me of the trick if I have forgotten it!

Cheers, Daniel

Reply to
daniel

There has always been a trick with normal to in that when you select the face and then select another face it orients the first face normal two with the second determinine UP. Sure you haven't run into that?

Reply to
P.

In 2004, after the steps above, you could hit the normal-to icon again and it would reverse the view. It's been removed in 2005, I hope they put it back.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

In the meantime, remember that using + arrow rotates a view

90=B0. Two hits =3D 180=B0 --> complete flip.

Richard Doyle wrote:

select the

Reply to
That70sTick

actually, I had never used that technique and only realised that you could select 2 surfaces after reading it in the help file. I always used the "simple" one step action.

Reply to
daniel

So it is not my imagination! Thanks! I will send it in as a regression.

Reply to
daniel

Yes, that is what I do, but it is no where near as efficient as hitting the button once to jump back and forth to the opposite side of the plane.

Thanks!

Reply to
daniel

Richard, and All,

I have contacted my VAR on this, and the word from SW is it will be back as of SP1, so we'll see.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks - you saved me the time!

I am just happy it is not my mind that is going down the tube....

Reply to
daniel

Daniel, it is a bug and has been submitted. Cross fingers for SP1.

regards

SolidWorks

Reply to
Mark Biasotti

Thanks Mark,

?and glad to see you are watching this group. Happy to know you guys at SW are on top of our concerns.

All the best, daniel

Reply to
daniel

I'll echo that and amplify. Nice to know they've got Mark B to pound on their software. Pound away, Mr. B.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman