A question on colors and optical properties

Hello all,

I'm a bit confused about the different ways to influence the way stuff looks in SW. Actually I don't care much about realistic appearance; all I normally do is give different parts different colors that may or may not resemble their natural color for clarity. I think when I started using SW in 1998, the only way to change the appearance of parts was in Documents Options -> Colors -> Shaded.

Now the same dialog box contains an "Advanced" button which lets you specify more optical properties such as ambient and diffuse light, specularity etc. And I did what most people will do when they stumble across something that they haven't had before, even when they're supposed to do actual work: I played with it. Soon I got bored with that and found that SW's defaults were pretty much what I liked.

Unfortunately, when I now look at my assembly and turn it around on the screen, the parts which I changed in an "advanced" way give the whole thing an eerie look because they just look a bit different than their surroundings. I tried to set the "advanced" sliders back to the values that most of the other parts have, but lacking the possibility of exact numerical input, they remain a little bit "off" which is still irritating. In short, I'd like to have a way to reset the "Advanced" properties of all parts in a given assembly back to identical values.

To avoid misunderstandings: None of this has to do with the stuff that can be set for different entities of parts under "Appearance". I'm speaking only about the things that can be set under the "shaded" section of the Document Properties, Colors.

Thanks,

--Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Haude