Re: need help with drawing

Aleksandar, this is from the Help files under using note parameters in format tables

Pro/ENGINEER correctly evaluates parametric labels that you include in a format table only if you create the drawing first, add the model, and then add the format. It does not evaluate the labels correctly if you create the drawing, add the format, and then add the model.

So, I would do this. Add all the sheets, add all the models, go to the sheet where you want to place view, set the model, place the views, continue to the next sheet, set the new model, place views and continue through all the models this way. Then go back and place formats last, first setting the model for that sheet. On the face of it, though, it sure seems like you did it the right way.

David Janes

What am I doing wrong?

HEEEEELP!!!!!

Reply to
David Janes

when you add the new sheet, the current model name fills the variable. how are you trying to use &model_name ?

Aleksandar Mandic wrote:

Reply to
Boltman

I am using format with parameter &model_name in drawing that has multple sheets and models. Problem is in the folowing: I add new sheet, add new model, set new model active, insert format in this new created sheet and the parameter &model_name allways returns with a name of the first model (!!!) added to a drawing. For the record, when I create a note in the new sheet with &model_name it returns a corect name of active model. What am I doing wrong? HEEEEELP!!!!!

Reply to
dusko mandic

I am using format with parameter &model_name in drawing that has multple sheets and models. Problem is in the folowing: I add new sheet, add new model, set new model active, insert format in this new created sheet and the parameter &model_name allways returns with a name of the first model (!!!) added to a drawing. For the record, when I create a note in the new sheet with &model_name it returns a corect name of active model. What am I doing wrong? HEEEEELP!!!!!

Reply to
David Janes

If you want different model names in the paramter, then you will need to make sure that the model that you want the parameters to show up is set. when I've had to do what you want, I usually just what i want in the title block over the parameter. I think it is possible to get too rapt in what proE can do, and spend time trying to get it to do that, instead of just producing the result you need.

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig

From TPI 33923:

Description: The system parameter "Model_name" does not show the active model when the format is added to the drawing if the callount is in a note on the format. The note will always display the name of the first model added to the drawing.

Resolution: This is correct functionality in Pro/ENGINEER. To display the active model, callout the parameter in a table cell in the format.

==========================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Some invaluable info here, Jeff. Thanks. This might answer Aleksandar's problem as well. Although, looking back at what he wrote, it seems like he did it correctly. But going back to the basics, when people are stuck in a jam and don't even know how they got into it, is often helpful.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes
8~) Struggling with the basics is where I'm at....

===================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Don't worry, you're not alone! Pro/e itself seems to be stuggling with a lot of basics. Look at all the problems people have with 'simple' graphics display. So, on top of our various lack of experience (the seven blind men and the elephant), there's the goofy factor in Pro/e. The TPIs, though, are very nice, important documents.

Reply to
David Janes

you are talking to me all the way. it is just mistake with promted name

dusko

Reply to
dusko mandic

you are my saviour