Problems implementing Pro Library functionality

I am trying to add Pro-Library functionality for common parts.

I am using Windows 2000 Pro and Pro-E 2001 build 2002310 I have a licence of Pro Library Access I have set the environment variable for the pro_library_dir I have set the directory for the pro_library_directory in config.pro

I have built the library.ctg file in the library directory using pro_build_library_ctg.bat with no errors reported.

Now, the results.

When I try ot open a new file, the 'look in' pull-down box will show an option with an icon like several books (library?) but with the @ character or other gibberish as the name.

If I select this library to look in, the name changes to 'dummy' and the file selection box is empty.

Can anyone help?

Does anyone know the format of the .ctg file?

I have checked the PTC help with no results.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Chris Gosnell

Did you make menu (*.mnu) files? Otherwise you won't be able to browse the library through file->open. Though you still be able to pull anything listed in the catalogue just by typing in the name.

Chris

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks for the info. BTW, does anyone actually use this 'feature'?

The reason I ask is that I finally got the .ctg and .mnu files sorted. I am disappointed at the results of my work, though. I think I may still create a script to build these files automagically if I can find a real use for libraries. I believe that I get similar or better results as libraries with less work and possibility of problems by setting up 'favorites' directories in Pro-E.

The main thing I was after was looking for any and all parts by parameter, without PDM. For example, in a fasteners directory, look for all parts and instances with a 'nominal_dia' parameter equal to .250 to find all 1/4" bolts, nuts, wing nuts, flat washers, lock washers, etc...

Without library access, I can look in a family tabled part for instances and filter the results by parameter. This works well.

/rant The help files for this feature > In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Chris Gosnell wrote: >

Reply to
Chris Gosnell