GAH! What's teh command?

Hello, first time poster, but I'm hoping someone can help before I tear out what's left of my hair!
I have a drawing done by someone else that they have done something odd
to in model space. They seem to have scaled it for some reason, and hence, none of my layouts work. I remember being shown a command where you could "tell" the drawing that a particular object had a known length and the drawing would re-scale (for want of a better expression) itself back to 1:1 in model space.
I can;t for the lif of me remeber what that command was, any thoughts?
TIA -- Doug
"Doug's cool. He's metal ;)" - Fnook Ignore the old spamtrap work e-mail address; mail me on: doug at fruitloaf dot net
SCALE command, perhaps? There's a Reference option to let you use a known distance as a basis. ___

zoom >1xp
Longshot wrote:

That didn't help unfortunately and the SCALE command worked (see below) but isn't the one I'm thinking of, perhaps I'm not explaining it right. I got shown this command on a course I was on, but I've lost my notes (DOH!)
Anyway, I have a drawing sent to me by someone else, there is (for example) a path that I know is 2m wide, the dimension says 2m and all of the drawing is in the correct proportion, however, the actual (in drawing units) width of the path is 786.29 (example). Now every other part of the drawing is out by this factor. I managed to re-scale the drawing to make it work using the scale command, but I'm convinced there was a command that I could tell CAD that "these two points should be 2000 units apart, scale everything so that it is, and then click two points to indicate the distance.
Or did I imagine this? :)
Thanks again
-- Doug
"Doug's cool. He's metal ;)" - Fnook Ignore the old spamtrap work e-mail address; mail me on: doug at fruitloaf dot net
That IS the SCALE command with the "reference" option, as Paul said:
SCALE>> Base point: (click)>>R(for reference)>>Reference length:(click one point)>>Second point:(click)>>New length:(enter the number you want).
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
said: --> -->SCALE>> Base point: (click)>>R(for reference)>>Reference length:(click one -->point)>>Second point:(click)>>New length:(enter the number you want).
Might it be the dreaded and utterly dangerous-to-use DIMLFAC ? If the path is 2000mm long (and you know it) but the dimension reads 789.43 (for example), maybe your DIMLFAC variable is off by (2000/789.43 2.53347) Just type DIMLFAC *Enter* 1 *Enter* and your dims will read the actual length.
Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things
Dr Fleau
Only if you use a dimension to find out how long something is, which I don't believe the OP said he did. Mind you, he didn't say he didn't either.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

If it's been scaled, that won't help. All that does is change the magnification, not the size.

I thought he was trying dimension in paperspace with a viewport not scaled 1:1