Creating a dynamic flexible part - Part II

OK, So maybe I won't upload a model. I wanted to post a model that would show what I was trying to accomplish but have not found any command for uploading on this newsgroup thru the Google interface. Don't have access to a regular newsreader in the office so.... I will either send the model home to upload a file or upload it to one of my websites and provide a link.

In otherwords, after the holiday, I will have something available to show what I am working with

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Doug,

You will probably not be able to upload to the ng since this is not a binary newsgroup.

I think you could get a good answer for your question if you were to answer the questions I posed earlier. How do you plan to activate the flexibility? Do you want to drag something on the screen in SolidWorks? Use a macro? Run an AVI? Run Animator? Some other software? Will this be displayed on your computer? A customers computer? The Web?

Several ways to do what you ask are available, but most of them are mutually incompatible. Please specify.

Reply to
matt

Not sure if this may help but I put something together which may point you somewhere?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Doug, to make a rolling diaphragm or similar shorter diaphragm work, we need a proper command in Solidworks that lets us constrain the length of the surface in cross section that stays the same and lets the end of the diaphragm move within a range of set limits.

I would guess someone has done an API for this, though I suspect it would be in some commercial package for kinematics & other moving linkages.

I think it would be very useful.

Bo

Doug wrote:

Reply to