Hey Iggy -- Money from the Web

I don't know if you're watching the OT: Why Google Groups thread, but in responding to it I realized that what folks like dsprelated.com does with comp.dsp, you could do with r.c.m -- make a web to newsgroup portal and surround it with adds.

I don't know how much time and money it costs to maintain a USENET web portal, but if it's modest this may be one of those "sit back and cash in" things.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Doesn't ig already have enough money? He apparently has most of the machines in the US....

Reply to
Existential Angst

I have a few of such "sit back and cash in" things online. It is great.

I find this specific business concept not quite agreeing with my tastes of what I like to do and what I do not like to do. There is already a couple of guys who do this kind of thing (craftkb and such).

Ignoramus11295

So no Choogle Groups?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Not for now, anyway.

Ignoramus11295

I mean, if someone is interested in a solution for this group specifically, I can do it.

Ignoramus11295

I was one of the few who liked Google Groups for its portability, but OE on wireless Broadband2Go is probably a better replacement.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I was thinking along those lines when you where asking about going into the used machinery business. Like where is your online store and have the ones you want on ebay also.

Great idea OP.

Deja was perfect, when they got bought out they trashed it, still can't understand that one. Just make sure the trees are easily traceable and it will be much better than Google Groups or any other group I've seen since Deja.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

I see. Let me share something. I make more from my websites than I did in my salary. If I get into the surplus business "full time", I will actually spend half the time on websites. I will just manage my time better. without the hassle of a "real job".

I agree. I hate what happened.

I may just provide a NNTP interface to just Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.

Ignoramus11295

Izzat the same as The Chudovian News? ;)

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you do, please, PLEASE, stop all crossposts from crappy political newsgroups etc.

I have just had to buy a new computer and have re-loaded Agent on to it and none of my filters, which worked on the old machine, remove crossposts. Many posters who I never saw on the old machine are turning up and spewing crap. I am having to make individual filters for them.

I appreciate the occasional jokes etc. which are posted to this newsgroup only, after all, it is part of our RCM community life.

If anyone can tell me how to reset my filters to prevent multiple group crossposting I would appreciate the assistance.

To reply direct, replace OZ with AU in my "from" address.

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
alan200