drawing scale

I am new to AutoCAD 2007 and I am puzzled as to how the screen paper space can be set for say: 1/4" = 1'. If a line is clicked for a length, it should
be scaled at 1/4" = 1'. scalelistedit on the command line doesn't do anything and I have tried a bunch of other commands, but i haven't been able to resolve this yet. Thanks.

highlight the modelspace window & type ch for change property & click on the one you want

if model space is what is available on the model tab, when typing 'ch' in the Command line, I get the Drawing Properties dialog which doesn't seem to have what is needed.

space

do it in paperspace , highlight the viewport & only the viewport. there will be a list of different properties you can change, included in that is a scale for the viewport

I don't think that's what he's looking for, longshot. It sounds to me like he's looking for the 'plotted length' of a line.
If so...
Don't use LIST. LIST reports the actual entity, and if you are drawing like the rest of us, the entity length is longer that the plotted length by the inverse of the scale factor. If you need to know how long a line will be when plotted, go to the correctly scaled floating viewport, and use DIST from endpoint to endpoint on the line *FROM PAPERSPACE*.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca