IMPORTED JPGS. OR BMP.

HELP..... I USE AUTOCAD 2004 AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO INSERT SCANNED DETAILS ETC AS JPG OR BMP OT TIFF WHATEVER. IT SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN YET PLOTS OUT (AN HP-GL2) AS A BOX AND NO IMAGE.
I TRIED EVERY THING BUT SOMETIMES IT'S JUST ONE LITTLE TRICK OR COMMAND YOU NEED. ANY HELP THANKS
snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

Does it show up in the plot preview? What type of plotter? Is the image on a non-plotting layer?
Maybe lack of memory. Do you have a good computer, with lots of ram?
"R.K. McSwain" wrote:

--
Fujka Design

212-645-5794
Check to see if your plotter cam plot raster images.
wrote:

ETC AS

IMAGE.
fujka wrote:

Yes I do. But, I'm not the one with the plotting problem. You replied to the wrong person.
You may have inserted the image files with a layer active at the time of the insertion which is then frozen or turned off or set to not plot at the time of your plot. Live if you had the active layer set to be your viewports layer when you inserted the files, and then froze the vports layer or have the vports layer set to not plot...those images will not show in your preview nor will plot.
In other words: You need to make sure the active layer, at the time of the image insert, is set to be plotted. To test: turn on and unfreeze and check that all layers are set to plot, then do a plot command, then look at a plot review to see if the image shows; that will tell you.
Also:
If you move the location of the image files on your computer after you have thought you inserted them they will not show. For example: you may not be able to insert the images on one computer and then plot it from a different computer wihtout re-inserting the images from the second computer.
wrote:

AS
IMAGE.