Autosketch Draw a rectangle of length x height?

Is there an easy way to draw a rectangle or edit a rectangle to
specific dimensions? How do you enter 1/16" x 4" for the dimensions
either as it's being drawn or after it's drawn?
Reply to
John Doe
Autosketch is an inexpensive 2D drawing product. It will only draw in the X and Y axis. Height implies a Z axis. You would need AutoCAD to draw in 3D if that is what you are trying to do. If by hieght you mean up the screen, that is referred to as the Y axis in 2D. To draw a simple rectangle in AutoCAD you click on the rectangle tool, then at the command line enter: @1/16,4. This will draw a rectangle that has a length (X axis) of 1/16 and height (Y axis) of 4 if your units are set to architectural. I'm not sure if Autosketch uses the same tools and commands. I have never used it.
Daryl Stockton
Reply to
sakoguy
Autosketch is an inexpensive 2D drawing product. It will only draw in the X and Y axis. Height implies a Z axis. You would need AutoCAD to draw in 3D if that is what you are trying to do. If by hieght you mean up the screen, that is referred to as the Y axis in 2D. To draw a simple rectangle in AutoCAD you click on the rectangle tool, then at the command line enter: @1/16,4. This will draw a rectangle that has a length (X axis) of 1/16 and height (Y axis) of 4 if your units are set to architectural. I'm not sure if Autosketch uses the same tools and commands. I have never used it.
Daryl Stockton
fractions also work with non architectural units. no decimal points are allowed in the fraction. integers and fractions are not allowed in non architectural units.
Bob
Reply to
<castlebravo242
To anyone who might need to know: Drawing a rectangle of specific dimensions involves Absolute Input and Relative Input (very useful tools) discussed in "Coordinates" in the help file.
But seriously. Rectangles have only two dimensions.
flpi142.ffdc.sbc.com!flph199.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.com!flph200.ffdc.sbc.com!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!postnews.google.com!u14g2000yqg.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
posting-account=rS9JvAoAAADjlHQl9IpolxHwTBNgA94W
2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Reply to
John Doe