Critical need: Plot Scale -- probems with implementation

In the spirit of: "No question is a dumb question...":
I am in need of plotting at 1/4" = 1 ft for my next project, but when I set
the scale to that, my drawing shrinks to infinitesimal size. How can I get it to retain the size necessary to fill up the viewport but still retain the 1/4"=1 foot scale?
Pepper me with questions if I'm being unclear.
Thank you,
Jameson
Jameson Frost wrote:

Not to be a wise guy, but it is what it is.
Is the drawing created 'true size'?
If it was actually drawn to 1/4"=1'-0" (instead of true size), then the viewport scaling needs to be 1:1.
Hey, I asked the dumb question, so I can take it! ;)
This was drawn at "true size". The plot scale was set to 1/4" = 1' via the plot dialog box.
I drew a rectangle of 1 unit by 12 units.
When the plot scale is set to 1/4" = 1', the resulting annotated dimensions (using Osnaps) come to 406" 7/8 x 33" 15/16.
Surely I'm missing something critical here...
Thanks --

set
get
the
I would say you're definitely missing "something critical."
If you drew an object that's 1 unit x 12 units and it dimensions as 406 7/8" x 33 15/16" then you did *not* draw it correctly. I think you need help with more than plotting, my friend. Even if you had some wierd value assigned to DIMLFAC, the ratio of your dimensions is about 13.15:1, not 12:1. How in the world did you draw your "1x12" rectangle? ___

the
dimensions
I was afraid to ask, Paul.<snick>
--
<-<RonB>->
==========================

And, Merry Christmas you, James, All!
--
<-<RonB>->
==========================

7/8"
with
the
Let's try another tack here:
The desired plotted output (to 8.5" x 11.0" stock) is to be at a scale that allows the targeted user to take their trusty ruler and measure the contents of the plotted drawing at the following scale" 1/4" (measured) = 1 ft. (Model space components are drawn at 1:1.)
That is: Each quarter inch represents 1 foot, on the nose.
How can one achieve this in the most direct manner?
Thank you,

7/8"
with
the
There are a number of ways. The best way IMO, is to set up a Layout for your particular paper size, in this case 8.5x11" -- with most printers that's about an 8x10" printable space. Next, create a viewport that's about the same size as your printable area, and set it up to show the objects you wish to plot. Scale the *VIEWPORT* by ZOOMing it to 1/48xp, then pan the view to the position you want it in the viewport. Now, since your Layout is already scaled at 1:48, print it at full size (that is, 1:1), and the resulting plot should be "right on."
A second way, if you don't like paper space is to simply plot from model space, and apply the 1:48 scale in the print/plot dialog.
Both of the foregoing assume that the objects to be plotted were correctly drawn full size in model space. ___

that
contents
Thank you, Paul. We'll give it a whirl.
Regards,
J.

your
wish
already
plot
Howdy, I'm new here but I thought I would ask you a question and maybe I can help. when you scaled your project did you do the math for paperspace? if not you do that and it will solve your problem. I just did it and it works just as it should. If I can help let me know and I will explain. (not to say you didn't or don't know how to do that). DH
--
David & Rachel Hughes
Circle H Drafting/ Design

set