PLOT FILES WITH JPGS TOO BIG

I am trying to make some autocad files for a cd set that include black and white renderings as jpgs. I have 4 - 8 1/2" x 11"
on a sheet. When I make the plot file it balloons up to 30 mgb. Well this is a problem for emailing to the printers. Is there a way to do this and keep the plot file size down?
Thanks
Gray-shade (black and white) image files can and may be larger files than color image files.
Can you make the actual image files smaler before you insert them and then zoom them up in your Vports to the size you want before plotting? (that's what I do). If your plot preview shows an acceptable resolution then try that.

Have you tried saving your jpg as a png? Sometimes that file type can be considerably smaller with very little loss.
hth
Brian

Nope png didnt work it actually made the plot file bigger