How to import Autocad files to Corel with the plot properties

Is it possible to import an autocad drawing in corel with the properies of the plot from autocad? In more simple words to import a drawing in corel with the sizes of the
pens as they would appear in printing and not all the same as they appear in the screen. thanx!
doompop wrote:

To paraphrase an old theatre piece:
"Sorry, wrong group"
--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see
Sorry, wrong attitude.
To the OP, depending on your versions, you can't do this in one step. With newer versions of CD, you will get your layers imported, and if you generally draw BYLAYER and plot by color, you can then easily select the contents of each layer and then apply an appropriate graphic style. With older versions of CD (or Essentials) you can make HPGL plot files, one per lineweight, and import them into Corel. They come in as a group to which you can apply a graphic style with the properties you want. With the latter process, remember to give yourself registration geometry for final sizing and alignment of your groups.
Hope this helps.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Thanks Michael.
btw (OT), in your 'Hillside Garden', what is the material to be used in the stone wall?
I construct Keystone and Belgard (concrete block) walls:
http://mysite.verizon.net/andrew.hurt/altcorel/samples/14c.png
http://mysite.verizon.net/andrew.hurt/altcorel/samples/14d.png
http://mysite.verizon.net/andrew.hurt/altcorel/samples/4a.png
Couldn't find the water features in your plans . . . I do water features, too:
http://mysite.verizon.net/andrew.hurt/altcorel/samples/1c.png
Nice work, Michael.
--
ah

I'll give it a shot. I frequent Corel's own groups, but I'll add it to my list.

too
work
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Uh oh.
We were supposed to be working to scale?
Whatever happened to "artistic license"?
--
DE
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@intranet-works.com
DE wrote:

That's why we have all these Rulers . . . ;-)
--
ah

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Cool. http://www.altcorel.info/faq.html
Be prepared for a relentless barrage of messages, though--has a tendency to infringe a bit upon work-time ;-)

--
ah