How to protect autocad files

I need to protect autocad files for modifying (but drawing must be plotable!). What are the possibilities? Is there any option in autocad (like password protection) or conversion in other formats? I tried with conversion into PDF, but then the problem is plotting that file. I don't want to plot in file because it should be plottable on all plotters.

tnx

Reply to
Ratko

You can try CadLock

Alternately you could plot a DWF which is viewable and plottable.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

Reply to
Paul Turvill

And editable.

Reply to
CW

Password protect your pdf file, allow view and plot only.

Reply to
Brian Spillane

Copy your drawings on a CD (and close the session)

bob.at

Reply to
bob.at

You're kidding, right?

Reply to
CW

No No really he means it.....

you cant then copy from the CD-Rom to a Hard Disk you then can't use explorer to un-right protect it. You then can't load it into AutoCAD and you then can't alter the file and re-save it.

Reply to
Cadalot

??? I seem to do that frequently...

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Huh? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I think Alan was joking.

Reply to
CW

Very likely...

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

ROFLMFAO

Reply to
Brian Spillane

How do I do that (where to select DWF format in Acad2004)? Does it depends on what plotter/printer you are doing that?

Reply to
Ratko

I made pdf with Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Printing a small drawing (A4,A3 paper format) on my laser printer is OK, but when I tried to plot big drawings (A1,A0 paper format) on plotter (I don't have my own plotter, but I've sended to a several specific shops who does plotting drawing from autocad format) and they couldn't plot big format on their plotters (the biggest plotted paper format was A3) - plotter was HP or Kayocera. Is it a problem with drivers, that people didn't configure when plotting? How do You plot big pdf drawings?

Reply to
Ratko

Over here, PDF files are now the preferred format for plotting services for ALL sizes. It might be time to find an alternative plotting service.

Reply to
Ian A. White