How to protect autocad files

I need to protect autocad files for modifying (but drawing must be plotable!). What are the possibilities? Is there any option in autocad (like password
protection) or conversion in other formats? I tried with conversion into PDF, but then the problem is plotting that file. I don't want to plot in file because it should be plottable on all plotters.
tnx

You can try CadLock (www.cadlock.com). Alternately you could plot a DWF which is viewable and plottable.
-Tim
So is PDF. ___

I made pdf with Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Printing a small drawing (A4,A3 paper format) on my laser printer is OK, but when I tried to plot big drawings (A1,A0 paper format) on plotter (I don't have my own plotter, but I've sended to a several specific shops who does plotting drawing from autocad format) and they couldn't plot big format on their plotters (the biggest plotted paper format was A3) - plotter was HP or Kayocera. Is it a problem with drivers, that people didn't configure when plotting? How do You plot big pdf drawings?

Over here, PDF files are now the preferred format for plotting services for ALL sizes. It might be time to find an alternative plotting service.
Alternately you could plot a

And editable.
Password protect your pdf file, allow view and plot only.

How do I do that (where to select DWF format in Acad2004)? Does it depends on what plotter/printer you are doing that?

Copy your drawings on a CD (and close the session)
bob.at

You're kidding, right?

No No really he means it.....
you cant then copy from the CD-Rom to a Hard Disk you then can't use explorer to un-right protect it. You then can't load it into AutoCAD and you then can't alter the file and re-save it.

snipped-for-privacy@killspam.co.uk (Cadalot) wrote:

??? I seem to do that frequently...
Huh? ___

I think Alan was joking.