AutoCAD 2005LT and Adobe 5.0

My company has AutoCAD 2005LT and up until a week ago I was able to convert DWG. files to PDF by simply going to plot and clicking Adobe PDF as if it were a plotter. It would auotmatically Plot directly to PDF File format. Somehow that anility has disappeared from the system and I cant figure out how to add adobe back as a plotter to make it prodeuce PDF files all that it does is plot Eriched Post Script Files which I then have to convert to AdobePDF. Files and resave them in PDF Format. Does anyone know how to add adobe as a plotter so that autoCAD will plot directly to PDF format? Any input would be very useful. Thanks For taki9ng the time to read this.

Reply to
Jason

My company has AutoCAD 2005LT and up until a week ago I was able to convert DWG. files to PDF by simply going to plot and clicking Adobe PDF as if it were a plotter. It would auotmatically Plot directly to PDF File format. Somehow that ability has disappeared from the system and I cant figure out how to add adobe back as a plotter to make it produce PDF files all that it does is plot Eriched Post Script Files which I then have to convert to AdobePDF. Files and resave them in PDF Format. Does anyone know how to add adobe as a plotter so that autoCAD will plot directly to PDF format? Any input would be very useful. Thanks For taking the time to read this.

Reply to
Jason

Have you tried making it the system printer?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The Adobe PDF plotter is included with a number of different software that can produce output in the PDF format. It seems likely that someone uninstalled the parent software that had produced your PDF printer. If your IT dept. had licensing issues with it then they could have done it. Try to find out what you have available that fits the bill and have it (re)installed.

Reply to
news-server.nc.rr.com