3D PDF survey request

We are asking for feedback to help us determine the best (if any) value in use for 3D models inside of Adobe Acrobat and PDF files. We have provided two example interactive 3D PDF files to view and then ask you to fill out the survey. The short 10 question survey will help us set the direction for further work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg Smith=20 Immersive Design, Inc.

Reply to
Greg S

"Greg S" a écrit dans le message de

Page cannot be found...

Reply to
Jean Marc

Page is found (no space between "f" & survey).

Bo

Jean Marc wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Tries both PDF's (with Acrobat 7.0 reader) - nothing but grey boxes, no

3D at all :-(

Martin

Reply to
wurz

The biggest problem I have is that Acrobat 7 is HEAVY! Take a look at how much memory it is using, even when you have no documents open.

I am sticking with 6 for now.

Dave

Greg S wrote:

Reply to
Dave Nay

I am taking the survey but I want this application that makes this! It could help alot for both the customers and the shop

Bne

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg Smith Immersive Design, Inc.

Reply to
Ben

6 is a bloated pig compared to 5. I'm still running 5 because it does everythign I need it to (so far) and t loads quickly.
Reply to
Dale Dunn

The 3D portion of Adobe Acrobat 7.0 has yet tot be released. They were talking about the update to be ready later this summer or fall. The demo I saw in Chicago at the Design show looked good, not sure how useful until I can play with it. Could be competition to eDrawings.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Keith,

3D viewing was released with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 in January. We have been creating interactive 3D PDF files since SolidWorks World earlier this year. Adobe has already release 7.0.1 with a fix or two as well.

- Greg

Keith Streich wrote:

Reply to
Greg S

I found a bug with 7.0: I have a VB program that runs an Access database, hyperlinks to .pdf documents don't function(within VB) using 7.0. I verified this and reported it to Adobe over 6 weeks ago, they said they'd get right back to me, still waiting. Since previous versions of Acrobat Reader are not available from Adobe's web site, it took a few extra steps to roll back my client.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Greg

You were correct, the renderer needs to be set to Software rather than DirectX.

Looks good with the interactive 3D viewing!

Martin

Reply to
wurz

Have a taste of this one:

The inquirer linked it up when 6 came out.

Dale Dunn

Excellent, thanks Dale.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

What are the pdf files supposed to do different? That wasn't very clear.

Reply to
TOP

If you are viewing the pdf files with Adobe Reader 7.0 or Acrobat 7.0, you will notice that the images are live, animated 3D models. For any earlier version of Acrobat or Reader, you are correct in that nothing will be different.

- Greg

T> What are the pdf files supposed to do different? That wasn't very > clear.

Reply to
Greg S

Funny they didn't mention that in the Survey. Is there any other reason I should or shouldn't use Adobe 7? I am p---d off with 6 because of the slow loading and constant accessing of the internet just to view a file.

Reply to
TOP

Unless you NEED all of that new fancy stuff, get 5.0.10 from the pre-mentioned link. It is relatively fast. I am using 5.0.5 full Acrobat.

I never use it for creating PDF's from SW anymore since the Bluebeam plug-in works so nice. But I do use it to view PDF's.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Dear Greg,

Saw your post in 'Adobe" forum dated March 29th 2006 on the topic "Adding h yperlinks to objects in 3D PDF". I have few doubts and your clarification w ould be highly appreciated :-

1) "Save this code in as a .js file and use it as the default script when inserting the u3d file into your PDF file" - does this means, while co nverting ud3 file to 3D pdf in naviswork I have to do so ?

2) I am trying to convert .rvm & .nwc files to 3D pdf , .rvm files contains metadata, how would it make the process easy ?

Thank You

P.S- Can you please provide files of these links; links are not working :-

Regards,

Sachish Binha

Reply to
sachish.binha