Solidworks files into PDF

Have you a simple solution to put Solidworks files into PDF?

(Not to buy many extra-software but directly save as.. from solidworks to .u3d file?)

Reply to
gfjytibkj

SW2006 sp2.1 or later

Reply to
Pete

"Pete" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Fine!

and...found in another newsgroup...

"""New! 3D Assistant (TimeSavers add-on) v1.0 enables you to embed U3D files and define related views, links, bookmarks & JavaScript (custom menus, tools, and animations) through hypertext markers or referenced files, so that interactive 3D models, together with their specified features, are automatically present in the PDF file upon distilling.

A sample PDF with an interactive 3D model, authored in FrameMaker (no additional work done in Acrobat) is available at

(156K; Acrobat Professional/Reader 7 required).

Price of a single license is $100.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType,

* ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars""""""

Reply to
gfjytibkj

"Pete" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

.u3d file format also ? Are you sure SW now can directly generate .u3d file (3d model) into Acrobat 7 ?

Reply to
gfjytibkj

No, only into PDF I believe. This u3d format is new to me, but we are still using Acrobat 5, so that must explain it.

Reply to
Pete

With acrobat 7, we can include .u3d files, even with acrobat viewer, but SW can't generate such files so we have to buy 2 or 3 other software.

Dassault system supports the .u3d format but doesn't generate it until now.

"Pete" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
wash

Hi Guys,

I have a macro that automatically saves a drawing as EDRW and PDF. I had no problems with it untill SW2006. Even with SP3 it crashes almost everytime I run it. I'm running on a Dell Precision M70.

Has anyone the same experience.

Kind regards,

JJ

Pete schreef:

Reply to
JJ

Yes, there's a bug in API (sp2.1). But this should be fixed in 3.0: "Save-as PDF fails through the API". Haven't tried 3.0 yet. There's seems to be a lot of problems with PDF saving...was it a good idea to switch from BB to Adobe - no if all we get is this.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

I have more problems with SW2006 on my laptop. On both my computers I use norton internet security. After installing SP's, SW2006 on my laptop doesn't start if I have my firewall of norton enabled. You have to reboot to be able to do it properly. On my other computer it's all fine. Strange? Yes!

Normally improvement doesn't mean worse, with SW2006 it does, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

JJ

JJ