3D Publishing

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask you if you could help us find more information about

what ProE users are using or exploring for 3D publishing.

We are now seriously looking into 3d publishing software and are

interested in learning what other companies are using to make 3D

documents. Today all of our manufacturing is done with paper manuals

and 2D drawings. We believe that the future in both manufacturing,

training and support documentation lies in 3D. As we see it, the

future manufacturing floor and training facilities will have LCD

screens and by the press of a button will see the animation of the

process needed to be performed at each stage.

Could you please help us by letting us know what 3d documentation

tools you are exploring or using and for what purposes.

Thank you,

Shimon Michaelovich

Rafael

Reply to
shim60

3D Publishing softwares are used to publish 3D faceted data into the documents for interactive viewing. Mainly for 3D re purposing , in service manuals, Training needs so on.

Adobe released their product Acrobat 3D Version 8 for this purpose. With the help of Right Hemisphere Technology and TTF (PRC Format), Acrobat 3D caters most of the

3D interoperability, 3D Viewing and 3D Publishing needs.

It supports both PRC and U3D formats. With Acrobat Reader 8.1 (freely available), collaboration with various project members can be easily accomplished with 3D annotations, notes in align with the 3D faceted data with utmost security.

PTC also launched Isodraw 7.0/Arbor Text to improve Technical Publishing process.

G S Kumarasamy

Reply to
Kumarasamy

On Jun 6, 12:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > Hello everyone, >

3D Publishing softwares are used to publish 3D faceted data into the documents for interactive viewing. Mainly for 3D re purposing , in service manuals, Training needs so on.

Adobe released their product Acrobat 3D Version 8 for this purpose. With the help of Right Hemisphere Technology and TTF (PRC Format), Acrobat 3D caters most of the 3D interoperability, 3D Viewing and 3D Publishing needs.

It supports both PRC and U3D formats. With Acrobat Reader 8.1 (freely available), collaboration with various project members can be easily accomplished with 3D annotations, notes in align with the 3D faceted data with utmost security.

PTC also launched Isodraw 7.0/Arbor Text to improve Technical Publishing process.

G S Kumarasamy

Pro/e has a few other capabilities that might serve 3D publishing to serve any and all the reasons Shimon listed: a.. Mechanism Design can produce animations of designs to check and illustrate the movement of a machanized assembly and capture it for playback as an MPEG. b.. Design Animation can produce the eqivalent of an animated explode view which could be used to show an assembly procedure and capture this for playback as an MPEG c.. It has 3D drawing capabilities that not only show the explode view in 3D but also all the anotations necessary to make the drawing ANSI Y14.41 compliant d.. Going back even further, Pro/e had, for many years, Pro/PROCESS for Assembly, a module which was capable of capturing an assembly at different stages of completion which mightbe of use, still, in the type of 3D publishing we're talking about. e.. Pro/PROCESS for Manufacture was of a similar nature, but tried to capture BOM information in some kind of workflow, backtracking components through the manufacturing, purchasing, receiving operations for some kind of scheduling. Depends on at how high a level one wishes to illustrate the manufacturing process as there is some very high level software for this available. But I saw one that looked a little like SimManufacture with little forklifts running all over the place. David Janes

Reply to
David Janes