Is there a batch convert utility that will create previews of the files?

Hi all,
I noticed that dwgs saved in the newer autocad formats include previews of the file which is useful when inserting blocks or opening drawings. Is the
a program that will take all the older format files and save them with a preview of the dwg contents zoomed to extents. I have tried the autocad batch conversion migration tool and all it does is convert the file format, I still have to open each one individually and zoon extents and save it to get this little preview - I have a lot of older blocks which would be very tedious if I did these steps for each dwg!
Thanks.
You could do this with a script.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

If you have AutoCAD 2004 or 2005 and all you want is to insert the dwgs as blocks, right click on a folder in the Design Center, and pick "Create Tool Palette of Blocks". It will create a palette of all dwgs in the folder with a block icon for each one. The block icons are kept separate from the dwgs. If you want previews in the dwg files, you need to open and save them.
--
Tim Skene

PRO Menu - The Productivity Toolbox for AutoCAD
Wow !! that's exactly what I'm looking for - thank so much, I still haven't really used many of the new features yet - but this is a great one!
Now where are these icons stored - how can I transfer these to another computer - or do I have to create tool palettes for each of them?
Thanks

Tool
with
dwgs.
In ACAD 2004, palette images are kept in:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2004\R16.0\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes\Images\
Palette descriptions are in the Palettes folder. You can export and import palettes with the Import & Export options on the customize dialog. You can have only one palette set at a time, but changing the path for them will make different sets available.