Is PAC4SWX the best way to batch convert to PDF?

I need to batch convert about 8,000 SWX drawings. I downloaded
Bluebeam Push Button trial, but its very flakey and locks up my system.
I also created my own macro that opens all drawings in a set directory
and does a "Save to PDF". I downloaded PAC4SWX, and was very suprised
by how fast it converts files. The quality is pretty good on the
output PDF. What im trying to find out is what exactly is PAC4SWX
doing that makes it so fast? Is it only opening the drawings
"View-Only" ? I see an option for that in the main window, but I have
that unchecked.
If anyone can give me any comments/suggestions for batch converting to
PDF, that would be great.
ALSO, I created a seperate thread for this, but I also need to convert
about 8,000 Cadkey drawings (.PRT format). Any suggestions on that
would be great.
Reply to
SW Monkey
I have both PAC4SWX and Bluebeam the full version. I tend to do all my batch PDF stuff in Bluebeam and everything else in PAC4SWX. Never had a problem with Bluebeam.
Bluebeam allows a lot control over the quality of the PDF and has a useful feature of being able to add stamps and "watermarks" to drawings.
Not sure, maybe PAC4SWX doesn't rebuild drawing or part before printing.
John Layne

John Layne
Forgot to add being able to put all the drawings for a project into one PDF file in Bluebeam is also very useful.
John Layne

"John Layne"
Reply to
John Layne
Which version dou have? Bluebeam PushbuttonPlus for SolidWorks or Bluebeam Lite for CAD Users?
If you could share some of your knowledge with software, like the best settings to use for printing, etc, that woudl be great.
Do you use a PDM package? If so, how does it react to bluebeam wanting to print a group of drawings?
Also, when using the Batch print button, is there a way to only print drawings? It looks like it defaults to printing all drawings and models.
Reply to
SW Monkey
I use SW Batch Print
(free) and then PDF995 which was 10 bucks when I bought it. Works slick you just batch print to the PDF995 printer and voila!
Ben
SW M> I need to batch convert about 8,000 SWX drawings. I downloaded
Reply to
Ben Eadie
Looks nice, but it has 2 flaws that I cant use it.
1. It puts Sheet 1 on the filename.
2. There isnt an option for 11x17 on the print size. No matter what printer I choose, it has the same options.
Is there a way to get rid of the sheet # and add a print size?
Reply to
SW Monkey
For the future: you might want something like SWuBB
-> SolidWorks -> SWxx tools
Reply to
Markku Lehtola