Macro from Config to Part

Hello Group

One time I saw a macro that can take configurations of a part and save them into individual Parts. I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Singh S

Reply to
Singh S

Hello Singh,

You can download the macro from my website, but you have to change this line:

dim part as object into dim part as sldworks.partdoc or you can also try dim part as sldworks.modeldoc

you can download it from

-> software

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jan Jurjen Zwaard Zwaard Eng> Hello Group

Reply to
JJ

Thanks JJ. I will give it a shot and let you know

Singh

Reply to
Singh S

Worked great !!!

Thanks JJ

Singh S

Reply to
Singh S

Hello Group,

Is there a utility/way to batch save whole bunch of Parasolid (.x_b) files into .SLDPRT in a folder ??

I was able to use JJ's Macro to save multiple configurations to parasolid files in a folder. (Thanks JJ). Now I am looking for about 96 parasolid files to save back as .sldprt files.

thanks S.Singh

Reply to
Singh S

Hello Group,

Is there a utility/way to batch save whole bunch of Parasolid (.x_b) files into .SLDPRT in a folder ??

I was able to use JJ's Macro to save multiple configurations to parasolid files in a folder. (Thanks JJ). Now I am looking for about 96 parasolid files to save back as .sldprt files.

thanks S.Singh

Reply to
Singh S

Depending on the power of your system, the complexity of the parts, and if you've got the setting under "tools>options>system options>Default Templates>Always use default template" checked, there is something you can do to batch convert them, sort-of anyway.

With a windows explorer window open, highlight all of the parasolid files and drag them into the SW window. Once they are all open, click save-all. Yes, that will mean in the end there will be 96 files open at one time. That's why you will have to have a fairly powerful system and/or very simple parts.

If this criteria is a bit too much for your system, you could reduce the number of files selected to say 20 or 10 at a time to keep from croaking your system.

I use this method all the time and it works great. Never tried 96 at one time though. Probably the most I have ever done is 30-40. But if the parts are simple enough, I can't see that this would be a problem.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Cool !! Never thought of that !!! Will work for me. Thanks Seth.

S Singh

Reply to
Singh S

"Seth Renigar" a écrit dans le message de news:LCAfg.18802$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com...

How do you "save all"?

I have a bunch of drawings I need to open and "save all", and I have looked file/??? and RMB, with no luck.

TIA JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

It is a new function of SW2006. Are you using an older version?

If you are using '06, it is under the file menu. Though you may have to use the customize menu function to actually see it.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

"Seth Renigar" a écrit dans le message de news:VSUfg.18885$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com...

That's it. SW'06 is for next tuesday. (Next monday = vacation).

We just had 2 days of class on what's new in '06 for a '04 comer. One news he skipped, or I forgot.

Man these new 24'' 16/10 screens are nice (40% more surface, 80% more pixels). Had to get Dell's, so no AMD x64, but 2 10kRPM Raptors will help (XPpro). The prevous machines were 2001 Athlons 2600 (W2k).

Thanks

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc