Crazy Patents

This one brightened my afternoon.

The "toy gas fired missile" and "Beerbrella" are particularly inspiring.

People spend money to get things like this patented. I guess this is why I reject any project that has to do with pets or the toilet.

Reply to
mjlombard

I think someone did that "missle" patent just to show he could do it and get something allowed.

The trick for inventing, as I've approached it is how to get a far better product, simpler, lighter, fewer pieces and for significantly reduced cost where there is a distinct significant sized market for the product's function, where other "players" are not seeing the opportunity. Those are out there. They take "local knowledge" to see.

When you can do that, you have at least a favorable chance for a big payout.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I think that the "butt missile" project may have some sort of military application. Just think of it, the military would only need to pack the projectile around. The rest could be taken care of by adding extra starch to the MRE's.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

which a colonic gas is discharged. ...to create a combustible mixture. The ignitor is then activated to explode the mixture in the chamber and fire the missile...

Isn't this based on a miss-conception? I thought I read somewhere that the anal emissions of h*mo-sapiens are primarily water vapor and carbon dioxide and not methane as many believe. I'm not motivated to research the topic, but maybe Jon or Cliff can provide proof that a h*mo-sapien can in fact emit gasses of explosive concentration.

Reply to
jmather

=>Stud Spectacles

I always wondered why people got into body piercing. Imagine glasses that won't slip off when you bend over, get sweaty or chop wood.

=>User-operated amusement apparatus for kicking the user's buttocks

I can think of a couple of frequent posters here who could use this one.

=>Kissing Shield

Julia Roberts and Sylvester Stallone come to mind in a scene in Demolition Man.

=>Subliminal Glasses and Electrostatically Enhanced Game

Two items with a SW application. The former may be the next giveaway at SWW with the message "That's an enhancement" and the latter may be installed in the software during beta test and set to go off when a bug occurs to ensure that all bugs are reported.

Reply to
TOP

Just for the record, that was Sandra Bullock.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Quick research

John Layne

I believe the flamability was demonstrated on "Sushi TV" which aired on Comcast's TV Guide channel some time ago. Apparently the Japanese have a penchant for televising the strange and wierd behaviour of individuals, i.e., conducting a sweat off to see who can sweat the most by weight, eating soup while standing on your head, etc.

Reply to
TOP