Bostitch T31 trigger seals

Hello All:

I have a Bostitch T31 brad nailer. The trigger seals have died from old-age. I've hunted the net, but no luck finding any. Called several air tool repair places, got the same response from all of them, "The T31 is an obsolete product, and no parts are available". Does anyone have a set of trigger seals, they would part with, or know where I might find some.

There are 2 seals, made of silicone, I can make a 2 piece mold, and cast them, they are simple parts. What material, should I use, if I have to make them?

Thanks for any help, gary

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

I've got no idea what they look like or what type of machines you have access to, but I'd guess there is a stem where the seals go. Leather has been used for seals, or if you can turn something on a lathe, a

2 (or 3) piece seal of synthetic with an internal O-ring might do the trick.

A bearing distributor might be able to find an off-the-shelf solution.

WB ............

Reply to
Wild Bill

I don't think so.

One seal is a disk, ~.500 dia. x ~.375 high, with ~.125 hole. The other, is a cup, ~.500 dai x ~.375 high, with ~.125 hole. Bottom thickness is ~.125, wall tkickness is, ~.0625.

I have a lathe, and a high vacuum chamber. So I think I can make them.

This would be easy, if they weren't silicone. I don't know how to turn silicone, with a lathe. :-)

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. ebay, is about the only place I didn't look. :-( Thanks again.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

You're quite welcome. Pittd

Reply to
pittd

Try something cheap and dirty - fabricate a mold out of almost anything the right size and use plain old air curing silicone sealer from a tube - use a piece of wire undersized from that center shaft to make the center hole in the mold, so when you put it on the valve stem it has a slight friction fit.

If that's too soft, see your dentist - they have a few different mold-making silicones that might work better.

When it sets up, stick the seal in the stapler and see if it works. If it does, great, make a few spares before you lose the mold - if it doesn't, you've blown an hour on it.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman
úx?­V]oÛ6}?¸C?¶?8s?µE×$Å:c2´Ùú8Ð-q?H?v< ýí;?´?:??«'2E?{yî???Ö&9H#ùÀÕþØÇÎõI5¥é_ÇÚ>Iso?¿?Ãø ]¶í¾y\sÌW?/jº=?£¹Å??»0ã5fUU?¯$?Rm/=?c1¼::iR?¯Z?¼Î?¢?or½F¸? ¹1A?dQ?Bá?6¦?Õósl+ rvë­ã
Reply to
Wild Bill

If anyone owns a Bostitch T31, you might want to grab a seal set from the above link. He had 7 sets, now 6, I bought 1. :-) These are probably the last ones on earth. :-(

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

That's basically what I was going to do. When I get the new seals, I'm going to do this, just to prove to myself it can be done. (by me) :-)

Now..., that's something I hadn't thought of.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You've been in my shop, I see. :-)

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen