Trigger Pulled

I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200 machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined. I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet.

- It will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In past tube reviews some guys do not care for that toe operated foot pedal. I think a half measure might be to bolt it to a larger base plate, but the guys at Weld.com had a different solution. They made their own adapter for it so they can use it more like a full foot pedal instead of a toe pedal. That was a big complaint about AHP as well. They used to use the same type pedal as picture on the Eastwood link. My 2019 AHP came with a different pedal though. Its a more conventional full foot pedal.

Anyway... NICE NEW TOY! Congratulations.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On 1/4/2020 10:39 AM, Bob La Londe wrote: > On 1/2/2020 6:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote: >> I finally broke down and bought a real TIG welder. The scratch-start >> HFT TIG was just a bit too sticky for me to like any more. Looking on >> Eastwood's site this Christmas, I saw their nice little TIG 200 >> machine and fell in love. $699 + $34 s/h. It arrived today and I'm >> happy to say that it's both larger and heavier than I had imagined. >> I'll play with it on 120v for now, while I grab a NEMA6-50 outlet. >>

P.S. I almost bought that same welder, but AHP had a preorder special on AC/DC "pulse" rigs when he ran out of stock. The end of 2018. When his containers came in from China in early '19 he was almost sold out again.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

She's a beaut. With the standard settings, I hold the torch switch down and she starts purring up a storm. Works great on 120v, and now I have the wire and outlet, so I'll swap that out and have a full 240v

30a circuit to crank 'er up.
Reply to
Larry Jaques

using several everlast welders