Plot files

To save money, I have installed a driver for my blueprint company's plotter on my machine and then send them plot files for printing.
They want me to configure the pens for these files to plot in monochrome. When I hit this button within AutoCAD, it asks me something about wanting to apply this to all layouts. I keep hitting "no" because I have no idea what this means and I am afraid of screwing up my drawings permanently. Can anyone explain how this works? If I say "yes" to this question, will the pen colors just apply to this driver or will it mess up the settings on all my layouts? Thanks in advance, Carolyn

what
all
I have always applied to all layouts. But by the very wording of it, I would assume it allows you to change the pen weights for each layout view. So for instance you could have "Layout1" print black and "Layout2" in colour, or you could "apply to all layouts" and Layout1 and Layout2 would be the same.
Steve