Need help reaching critical mass

For those here who are involved in Product Development, I would like to invite you to try out the newsgroup that I moderate: misc.business.product-dev -- a Usenet newsgroup
about the Business of Product Development.
The group has been pretty much unused for a long time, but could become viable if I can attract a critical mass of users.
Right now I am screening posts to avoid spam, and setting the software to auto-approve any further posts by that user. This avoids posting delays after the user's first post.
If I can attract enough users to see the volume pick up, I will be looking for co-moderators. I have a simple web-based system that makes it easy to reject/approve posts.
There will be little or no rejection because of content; I just want to keep the newsgroup flooders and spammers out, and let people use their killfiles if they don't like what someone posts.
Also, unlike many other moderated newsgroups, I allow crossposts to one unmoderated newsgroup, so you can post something that is about FORTH and Product Development in comp.lang.forth and misc.business.product-dev if you wish.
Alas, I can't allow crossposts to moderated newsgroups because such posts get approved for both newsgroups when one moderator approves them, which would be rude to the other moderator.
--
misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup
about the Business of Product Development.
Guy Macon wrote:

I don't know the mechanism for that, but it seems strange to me in my ignorance.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

Here is how it works:
When you post to a newsgroup, your post goes to your chosen news server. The news server looks at the post and compares it to its list of which groups are moderated. If none of the groups are moderated, it goes out at once to all the other news servers.
If any of the groups are moderated *and* the post has no "Approved:" header, the post is emailed to the moderator's article submission address. If the moderator (or, in my case, automoderation software) approves the post, he adds an "Approved:" header and posts it to his news server, which sends it out to all of the other news servers.
What happens when there are two moderated newsgroup is not defined. What would be ideal is that each moderator gets it in turn, and both have to approve. What actually happens is that one of the moderators gets it and, if he approves it, it gets posted to both newsgroups. In practice, this never happens because most moderators filter out any crossposts before seeing them. I had to ask the developer of the automoderation software to create a special setup to allow people to crosspost to one additional newsgroup, but only if it isn't moderated.
--
misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup
about the Business of Product Development.
Knock knock.
Just checking in. I guess we're still at the subcritical multiplication stage? (Nuc joke)
s/ an embedded firmware and dabbler in hardware type
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Rich Webb wrote:

I've been lurking, no sporging lately. So I'll ask a question, anyone care to share recommendations for a full duplex wireless video/audio link that works throughout a typical residential house?
Mike Ross